1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Sun v2 great again(for the first time)

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Amusedbymuse, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Petition to make Sun v2 wildcard in ISS.
    With the combination of MSV1 and SS being basically MSV2 against smoke, +3 BS and +1B we would be looking at amazing aro sniper. Sure we could make 2swc 79point core with both long range smoke and "msv2" but it would be balanced with the most obvious LT (kanren holo trick wouldn't work with fire team) and still being hackable (tinbot only in wu ming core).
    What do you think guys, would this be still weak, playable or broken op?
    Edit: I'm super stupid. V2 isn't HI so non hackable. In that case this could be strong. Maybe give him some restrictions with teams he can join.

#1 Amusedbymuse, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Mahtamori likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

TBFH, Sun V1 could use this quite badly as well.

Zewrath and Space Ranger like this.
  3. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Good start, but v1 needs much more love. Starting with 5+ point discount. Or bioimmunity and veteran at current price.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

LT+1 order is more appropriate, tbfh, though veteran is appropriate it is also stacking the specific role sky high.

5. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Sun V2 has a weird unappealing combination of traits
    • Lt with strategos and a LongRange ARO? no thank you!
    • as a solo piece MSV1 makes him vulnerable to reflective wile not so good trough smoke
    • Profile without Lieutenant really? what about strategos?
    • I don't like the trait "BS Attack (shock). I think it's the main reason why they've taken the flash pulse ARO at 17s+3 out. And I feel it's quite redundant on a multi sniper. I already have DA on reactive (quite enough lethality for me) and in active I don't see the benefit since you'll rarely gonna encounter ARM4 1W troops to make it shine.
    In N2 He had a multi rifle version... maybe they can revamp it with a multi marksman rifle. making it cheaper and more interesting as late aggressive troop or in a suppressive fire.

If I could get my hands on the profile I'll probably take out the MSV and BS attack shock and change it for the Marksmanship skill and BS damage+1. Yeah, suntze marksman, with marksmanship and Multi marksman rifle... as it should be... It would also be a nice addition to the faction since we don't have marksmanship outside the supportwared bots

Regarding Sun V1
    I still feel 56points is too much for a -2CC, -1BS, -2PH, a +4WP, a 3rd wound (NWI) and a total immunity. 20 points over the shangji multi.

I think BS13 is the bare minimum they should do. It's pretty weird that he has less base BS than the base HIs of the faction. PH14, ARM5 or Bioimmune would be a nice additions too. But 5p discount instead of it may be interesting too.
    The BS profile has lost almost all it's sense. with the point increase of the Boarding Shotguns It's not the cheaper defensive profile it was (And it seems it it still pays for the double nanopulsers. because they didn't substract the cost from the profile).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation