1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnetic Travel

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Space Ranger, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I just got this new box for my figures and felt I had to share it. It's actually a Cash Box i got from Amazon. Link to the same box here. I used to use lunch boxes, because lunch boxes are cool! However, my figures have grown out of them even if I haven't. Also this has a lock to discourage theft. Which sadly does sometimes happen at conventions and such. Sure they can steal the whole thing but it's going to be a pain to get into. The amazing thing too is that price! This box was under $20. My lunch boxes around around $15-20. It's a little heavier than my lunch boxes but not horrible. I've thought of using metal tool boxes but they are too big, expensive and heavy.

[​IMG]

Errhile, RAF and jherazob like this.
  2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i finally found a low height metal tool box for my new army. A nice change from my previous army that was in a plastic regular size tool box with magnetic tape on the plastic tray, and dice, tokens, etc in the bottom. I never thought of putting the S1 under the lid. Nice idea!

(15" x 6" x 4")

Attached Files:

Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I did it for a long time with the lunchboxes and they stay there pretty well. I also used to put magnetic tokens there as well.

That tool box looks good. I was looking at a tool box like that online. I can't find them in stores near me. They seemed heavy and no way to lock them. So I decided to go with the cash box.

4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

These are meant to be locked with a padlock that prevent opening the latch. Even the cheap regular size plastic toolbox I had had the holes for a padlock (on the box/box cover, not on the latch). I prefer padlock over integrated lock.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BxpWoU4P9XrsAhttOHPR7v7MPp7vqpAr/view?usp=sharing

I had low hope of finding a metal toolbox in store as I all see are sturdy plastic type. I walked in a hardware store on boxing week to browse for any interesting stuff and I was surprised when I found one and low height too! I kept walking the store aisle to find a pack of magnet to make sure it was the good type of metal.

5. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Sadly, a lockable cash box does not discourage theft. It merely encourages the theft of the entire unit. The lock itself isn't that secure (a hammer will make short work of it) - and if they suspect money is in it, a hammer is what they will take to it. When they find no money but broken mandollies, they will just dump the entire broken pile.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation