1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA and non-trooper targets

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Ayadan, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I'm asking you this question because it showed up during a tournament yesterday in The Grid.
    My knights were ganging up a designated antenna to blow it up in one order. I declared my Hospitaller Medic was using MA lvl 2 in order to reach the DMG 19 with its DA CCW and the two Magisters with him.
    The TO said that only MA lvl 4 could be used against antennas and not the others.

I have checked the rules but I may have miss something. So, was he right?

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Nothing prevents you from using MALv2, or ganging on the antenna with several linked troops to get extra burst and damage, unless the weapon you use explicitly forbids it, like the Monofilament weapon (which is not Anti material).

Also remember that MA allows using any level on the table, up the one the miniature has, without stacking, so...

Also, hospitalers have no MA4, just 2.

#2 xagroth, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Probably a misguided reading of How To Read section in
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/CC_Special_Skills
    Where thry confuse the non-burst MODs for applying to FtF only (only the opponent MOD applies to FtF only)

Or they're confusing things with Electric Pulse.

4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Yeah, that's why I wanted to use MA 2. But since he said: "No, only MA 4 works", I didn't use any MA level.

Dunno where this came from as I found it awkward to only allow the lvl 4 and not the others. I will ask him.

5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I can't remember where the thread is, but the ITS9 FAQ thread it's answered that you can use MA on scenery objectives.

6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The other piece of this question, is do you get the +1 Phys, +1 Burst for the other troopers in B2B with the piece of terrain.

The way I'd play it is 'yes' you gain the bonus in CC vs Terrain despite the fact that technically the bonus applies when Engaged and you're not actually Engaged. Because, to me, that's the clear intent: you get to CC terrain as if it was a trooper you were Engaged with.

N.B. RAW Engaged is a state that exists between troopers not between troopers and terrain.

7. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I checked and it's written for the AC2 in looting and sabotaging so I imagine it should be the same for the grid :

14. LOOTING AND SABOTAGING: The Is it allowed to use CC special skills against the AC2? ANSWERED Yep. why not?

THis should be on the FAQ of all mission with destroyable scenery

#7 Arkhos94, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's worth pointing out what was mentioned in another thread: it's possible to argue that CC Special Skills don't actually mention particular game state (Engaged) because it's not capitalized (and entire phrase is "engaged in close combat"), and it was also said that intention was to tie their use to CC Attack declaration rather than being in base contact with an enemy Trooper.

However, in this particular case a clarification given for the same rule in a different mission seems more important.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation