1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loss of Lieutenant on your turn?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Copperbad, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Copperbad

Copperbad Member

Brand new player here,
    What happens during your turn if your Lieutenant goes down to an ARO? Does everyone become irregular immediately? If so, how do you determine who still has an order to spend? Do you ignore the irregular state and spend the CT at the end to promote someone else?

thanks!

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

No, because LoL is only checkt during the tactical phase.

Link to the wiki.

Wolf and chromedog like this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Loss of lieutenant is only checked at the beginning of your turn. You'll complete the current turn as normal, and then at the start of your next turn you'll enter LoL.

Things to remember:
    1. When a model dies (not unconscious, but actually dead), private information becomes public. That means that if your Lieutenant is unconscious, you don't have to tell your opponent anything until the following turn, but if they die outright, you have to say so right away.
    2. Chain of Command works in your active turn, so if you have a model with that skill, they can take over and you won't be in LoL.

Wolf and chromedog like this.
  4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

^^ What they said.
    You only EVER check for LoL at the START of your turn, when you are calculating your orders.
    If your Lt goes down in THEIR turn (during one of your AROs), your guys keep their training until the START of your turn when you do the check.
    It also means that if you manage to heal him/her back up to 1w during their turn that you won't even need to make that check.

toadchild and Wolf like this.
  5. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

With all this being said.

When your Lt Dies, you have to inform your opponent that they have killed them.
    This is because when a model dies, all information regarding that model must be disclosed, such as if it was or was the Lt

6. Ben Kenobi

You have only to tell him if he asks. Yes, they are open information, like remaining mines on a revealed Camo Trooper, but you don't have to tell it without questioning.

You have to inform your opponent at the beginning of your turn, that you are in LoL.

7. daboarder

Warcor

Seriously, this again,

Information in an Infinity game can be either Open or Private.

Consider any piece of information on a player's Army List that is not explicitly Private as Open and knowable to all. You must share Open Information about your Army List while you deploy your models during the Deployment Phase, and also any time your opponent asks during the game.

Private Information is information you can keep to yourself that your opponent cannot ask about. Your Private Information remains secret until a specific game event forces you to disclose it.

You are required to write down all Private Information before the game starts to show your opponent if necessary.

These pieces of information are Private in Infinity:

Private Information about a trooper becomes Open Information when that trooper falls Dead and is removed from play as a casualty.

Zewrath, Mahtamori, E-Warden and 3 others like this.
  8. daboarder

Warcor

I mean Ben, If you really want your opponents to ask "was that your Lt?" After every single kill Im sure you could find a way to argue you didnt need to tell them that either

Zewrath, Hecaton and chromedog like this.
  9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It is a player's responsibility to inform their opponent of all relevant open information.

You don't have to constantly tell me what the CC score of every model is; that's mostly covered by things like courtesy lists. But something like "this model has minelayer and only two mines in its inventory" or "the model you just killed was my Lieutenant" are clearly important things to notify your opponent of. I've played the version of Infinity where you had to know the magic questions to ask (it was called 2nd Edition) and the more formalized handling of private information in N3 is a huge improvement.

10. Ben Kenobi

I don't want that my opponent asks, it's the way we are playing it in our meta.
    I allways say, that there are only 2 mines left in my example.
    And it seems that we play it wrong with LoL as well.

@toadchild Perhaps it is a remnant from N2, I don't know. I'll try to find it out.

toadchild likes this.
  11. Copperbad

Copperbad Member

Thanks for the informative replies everyone!

toadchild likes this.
  12. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

To be clear, that is only for the dead state which also remove the model from the table. Needs to be clear because the idea that "private becomes open when dead", can be remembered as a similar equivalent idea where "private become open when i kill you". And then the act of killing can be remembered as something different than the rule associated to killing.

Putting someone KO doesn't reveal any private info yet, even if the player has no medic.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Welcome to the game! Always nice to see fresh blood. :)

14. daboarder

Warcor

Sure but that is because killed or dead are specific states.

People conflate the unconcious state with that but technically they shouldnt

chromedog and Robock like this.
  15. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

'Killed' isn't a specific state. It's any null state (for ITS).

If the rule said 'killed' not 'Dead' I'd argue that it triggers on 'Unconcious', 'Possesed' and 'Sepsitorised' in addition to 'Dead'. As it is, by saying 'Dead' it's unequivocal.

Which I take to have been @Robcock's point.

16. daboarder

Warcor

null state at teh end of the game

But aside from that, the rules itself only triggers at the Dead state specifically

17. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

There is literally no way to heal someone up during Reactive turn.

Only way to avoid LoL is if the Lt died on your turn, and you manage to heal them back up before your current turn ends.

18. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Make Regeneration an ARO!

(Admit it, it's be cool).

oldGregg likes this.
  19. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

No. I'd prefer if regeneration was an order in Impetuous phase.

toadchild likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation