1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Opinions

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Azohn, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Azohn

Azohn Member

Prowlers. Interested in getting the spitfire for some lists, but seeing as there is the two pack with the combi/flamethrower included is there significant reason to use that second model? Should I just get the spitfire on its own?

Any tips on using the Senor Massacre and Jaguar fire teams? is it viable to use a core version on turn one in a second combat group and then maybe form together an Alguacil fireteam later?

Edit: An example list to go with the second line of questions.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] SEÑOR MASSACRE Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, E/M CCW. (0 | 26)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#1 Azohn, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

The prowler dual pack is a good deal, since you get both at a discount

I have run Massacre in Jag links before with 2 ADHL/panz and 2 chainrifles, they are pretty darn scary

3. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

You can run alternating fireteams and I do it myself with the CHA. But your setup is wrong for it. The Jaguar link is a close range firetam so you easily need 5 orders to bring them into position before you can start shooting or meleeing properly. That means that you should put them into a full combat group while the Alguacils are in the small group because the Alguacils just need to pop in and out of cover to be effective. You should also strongly consider adding some ADHL/Panzerfaust Jaguars as a gap closing option and a Light Shotgun might also be useful.

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

It can be done a bit differently because they aren't Impetuous like most WB links. If controlling an area is important for a mission you can infest it with Jaguars, then the eventual casualties won't cut orders from your main group. Being Frenzy the Jags are very good at holding an area, they won't run out of it.

5. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

The other Prowler is not good to run except as a gimmick in Hunting Party, where he gets a second glue gun. The profiles are almost double the cost of their Zero equivalents and not a whole lot stronger.

6. neostrider

neostrider Well-Known Member

A second prowler is fine. Spitfire will be the real active turn star but a backup prowler can do a good job holding the point. I like the shotgun prowler because the grenades has a lot of options to deal with teams and shotgun surprise shot tends to drop enemies.

You're taking the second one for shell game and area control. Spitfire is a good assassin.

aglaraina likes this.
  7. BingBong

BingBong VanCity Daddio
    Warcor

The ADHL prowler owns bones in Hunting Party.
    B2 BS15 in good range, with surprise shot? Yessss pleaaaase.

8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The main advantage of the Prowler is that both ADHL and a DTW are really good under a token state. Making your opponent not know which tokens have DTW is especially useful.

9. Fearbox

Fearbox Active Member

Speaking to your list, I very rarely include a hacking in a link as the potential to get a member shot while providing giving your remote support is to high for my taste and having a hacking in a light infinity link allows for a another angle of attack to break the link, especially with a Moran, who will be in prime position for an enemy mid field killer hacker. I would try to get Lupe in the list and upgrade some of your Jaguars to have shotguns or Panzerfuasts, as the link becomes much more versatile with them. The Intruder HMG has gotten much better due to FD Lv1 in the new I.T.S. rules.

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The requirement of clearing the Koalas mixed with the uncommon infiltrated KHD makes this pretty uncommon for me. SS2 coming up on the repeater is not uncommon.

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

^ This. It's relatively easy to cover the Moran's Repeater with its Koalas which means, on their active, your opponent is trading a KHD (21pts+) for an Alg, or spending orders to clear the Koalas prior to KHDing the Alg. And let's be honest, anyone who spends 3 orders to fight a Line Infantry link will be able to break it.

Also remember that SS2 makes a linked Alg tougher to take down then say Valerya outside the link.

Although I disagree that Infiltrated KHDs are uncommon. There's definitely observer bias going on here but ~90% of the games I play have a FD / Infil KHD (admittesly, it's usually the Zero KHD in my list though).

HD or Camo KHDs that deploy inside the Repeater coverage of a Moran are why I always take a KHD if I take a regular hacker. If they reveal in ARO even a normal roll has max 69%* (WIP14 Hacker with Skullbuster vs BTS0 Hacker, there are no WIP15 Camo/HD KHDs) of taking your Alg Unconscious but allows you to Surprise Shot Trinity (if a Dasyu or Naga) or Redrum (if anything else) them back the next order. Put a Daktari in the list and be able to stand the hacker back up again, and you may also just get a Classified.

The same applies to HD Snipers. A Spektr/Hexa MSR AROing vs an Alg ML who has Idled is at <50% odds of taking the Alg Unconscious. It's then hanging out in a perfect position to be executed by your Intruder.

This means that it's largely a question of sequencing your turn.

1) Kill obvious pieces with LOF to your Link.
    2) Activate your hacker
    3) Kill the fools who ARO'd
    Optional) stand your hacker / ML up again

All that being said, I agree it absolutely can be limiting. Losing your KHD can leave you fighting a Dasyu with just an Alg Hacker, which ain't great. I just don't think it's a big enough of an issue to say "it's a problem", it's more that it has advantages you should exploit and disadvantages you should mitigate.

* Aside, this is why I think it was a mistake making Sword-2 programs Dam 16. Between that and ignoring Firewalls they have effectively +5 Dam over Brainblast, and have the Damage effects on top. An AHD in the same situation is at <40% odds to Oblivion and even an Interventor Suckerpunching is on 53% odds.

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Nomads+2 sectorials, ALEPH+1, Yu Jing (well FD not infil)+1, JSA. Most of those have good reasons not to take their options.

Dog Warriors are more common here. If you don't have access to Zeroes you're investing in it.

13. inane.imp

You forgot ASA [emoji14] /troll

My meta is Ariadna, Aleph, Nomad and YJ/JSA heavy. If they can take Hackers (other than Wardriver) they can take Infil KHDs (SP excepted).

Huh... Kinda annoying StarCo didn't get Wardrivers. A 0.5 SWC Wardriver HD would be a decent unlinked Hacker option if you weren't taking Uhahu.

14. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

StarCo doesn't need Wardrivers though, they have decent hacking options and camo/infil KHD.

15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Regular Hacking devices are really good, having a diverse choice is helpful. That way when you pick one up for supportware you can figure out a secondary function you want.

inane.imp likes this.
  16. inane.imp

Pretty much this. I completely agree that StarCo doesn't need Wardrivers. But they'd fit and they're not an awful choice in comparison to Algs, Uahu and MB (assuming a 0.5 SWC HD).

[​IMG] Starco. Free Company of the Star
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]4
    [​IMG] ALGUACIL Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] WARDRIVER Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] UHAHU Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Icebreaker) Pitcher, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] MOBILE BRIGADA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 43)

Open in Infinity Army

17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Honestly I'm in to the MB hacker I just wish it kept the Tinbot or at least was able to Duo or Haris. If the Tinbot profile got a secondary tool like a MULTI rifle, grenade, mines, flamethrower, anything, and could duo I would totally do that and it would feel super Nomads. Oh well I'll still try it once I finally paint one.

18. Azohn

Azohn Member

Alright the list could use work, but I expected as much. Normally I would bring enough hacking to completely dominate that aspect of the game (at least in my limited meta) but as this was a Corregidor list I kinda forgot about that since hacking is less of their thing. I can also see where Jaguars should be in the first group for more orders, but I there may not then be enough orders to make use of the second core later so I am dubious about trying it out in general now. Still I'll try to throw something better together.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation