1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for help with my list's order pools

Discussion in 'Foreign Company' started by Time Bandit, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Hey there fellow mercenaries of fortune,

I've been playing quite a bit of FoCo on TTS of late and it's been a blast. There are so many list permutations to try out, but I've started to settle on one that I really didn't expect to. The main issue with it is splitting the 15 into effective order pools. That's where you come in, so please read on...

What are its advantages? Well, it actually contains two possible core teams, as follows:

Señor Massacre (BS)
    Laxmee
    Bolt paramedic
    Bolt MSR
    Bolt Spitfire

Securitate HMG
    Securitate (LT)
    Securitate
    Securitate Paramedic
    CSU (rifle)

While there are some expensive pieces in there, it allows around 100pts for the final five troopers, and that buys you a lot in FoCo:

Überfall + 3 Pups
    Zero (FO)
    Zero (FO)
    Crocman (MSR)
    warcor

This list is heavy on command tokens; that's one of its weaknesses. It is also unwieldy in terms of order pool division. But it brings some unique elements to the table... The primary team is your turn 1 focus, and it can do so much. Usually I'll be looking to leverage one of the top-3 snipers in Infinity, before moving upfield to clear units, apply pressure and press buttons. Perhaps a pitcher out to threaten some key units with oblivion. They have eclipse to avoid unequal firefights, or for Mr Massacre to close the distance with friends to give him crazy burst bonus in cc. The team can be expected to take losses and hole up somewhere to defend t2.

Securitates can go active as a full core if broken, or at the end of t1 if need be. One particularly strong option is to spend two command points to form them as a decent defensive core and the remnants of the first team as a haris, or to coordinated order them onto suppresive fire. The Securitates can press buttons very well, have a bogstandard link-hmg, but that's it really. If we had any kind of variety available for the team, I'd be taking it, but alas. Important to note here that the list fields seven veterans so LoL is significantly mitigated as a threat: you're not far off Morat at this point. I find that very satisfying in game, especially with such an aggressive list.

Finally, we have the obligatory double-zero and uberfall. The crocman is a piece I'm learning to use at the moment. I think with practice he will become a serious threat. He's a much better active turn attacker, and cross-table fire along horizontal lines can solve problems that a brute-force fireteam sometimes can't, so I try to deploy him to optimise his range bands across the board to support Massacre's team. He's also a great way to spend a few orders to drop mines, harass and recamo.

So what do you think? Any suggestions for tweaking the list? And how would you spilt your pool to best leverage it - a core in each, or one 10-pool with all core-potenital units in it? Thanks for reading.

#1 Time Bandit, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  2. Ruaridh

Ruaridh Well-Known Member

Laxmee can't go in a bolt fireteam you would need an orc in there mate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

3. Time Bandit

Oh yeah of course, thanks! The list normally runs with a KHD Bolt but when I was writing this post I thought 'you know what, Laxmee would be a way better pick!', and jiggled it round.

It's annoying when previous you is more on it than current you :D

Got any opinions on the list or how to maximise order efficiency?

Ruaridh likes this.
  4. Ruaridh

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play for Co really due to covid. Your list is very different to how I would usually think about building a list so though I don't have much useful to add would be interested in hearing other thoughts and your experience

5. Time Bandit

Yeah, I don't see many FoCo lists like it either.

It's a list that tries to skew away from hacking threats, and looks to minimise guided attacks by spreading its attack angles across lots of troops, including hidden and camo ones. It tries to negate LT hunting, and also tries to maximise our access to coreteam Bolts; Massacre is just such a great complement for them.

Finally, it gives you two options for eclipse, which has gotten a massive buff imo, with smoke dropping in value, with 15 orders to be able to land some pretty good eclipse/CC hits.

6. Ruaridh

See I like the orc hmg and bolt to sit in fire team then uberfalls always want to try out kaplan Harris but main fire team I gravitate to the mixed orc one

7. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Order efficiency in N4 in a sectorial without tactical awareness or NCO is certainly a task.

I think the real question I have is, why are you spending orders on the Securitate team? I think that combat group might be better served with a couple of LT clones, a peacemaker, and (if you can fit it) an Akal. That way you deal with the order efficiency piece by having models start where you need them to start?

As far as how I'd lay out the list, the big challenge I see is that your Bolt team and the the Uberfall are the two places where I'd want to spend orders. Because you're building around two core teams, it means the Uberfall will not have enough orders when you find the opening for her, unless you move her over to your first group when you have casualties, which adds to the stress of command tokens that you already mentioned.

Sorry I don't have more productive thoughts at this point.

Time Bandit likes this.
  8. Time Bandit

Not at all, that's a really useful post, thanks yoink.

The Securitate are really a redundancy for the list - t3 button pushers, backup hmg, LT hider and veteran order pool: they're 75pts for 5 vet orders, a button pusher and possibly a B5 BS15 hmg.

You may be right in that a peacemaker and akali would be a better investment in attack pieces, but I'd have to cut the list pretty heavily to get those extra points, in order to keep 15 orders, which I kinda need to.

yoink101 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation