1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for A good flank guard

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by andre61, Apr 3, 2018.

1. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Lately I have been playing Caledonian, and my opponents have been out flanking me, what happens is on turn one my opponent puts a camo marker on his flank and moves that camo marker up the board until it reaches a unit of mines on that flank, and its all over. I was thanking of putting the Uragan on one of my flanks or maybe some type chin rifle guy.

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Mines will blow up on camo markers, if he's running a camo dude into your mines what's the problem?

3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Yeah, I second Minelayers. Even if he survives the mine and dodges, it'll reveal him and potentially open up some other ARO possibilities. Chasseurs are the princes of this type of play... Minelayer lets you start with that mine on the table, and Sixth Sense Level 1 lets you delay your ARO in case the Camo opponent tries to sneak past you.

If you're playing strictly CHA though, you can do the same with any link team.

4. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

I guess strict CHA sectorial doesn't have a Minelayer option, but you do have access to the 6 point Volunteers... Use them as mines. ;)

VictarionLifekeeper and cazboab like this.
  5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Highlanders, wip 14 is very good for detection and chain rifle/dogged make them good at killing skirmisher

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I think he was saying "units of mine", as in - units of his, not actual mines.

But other than that, yeah. CHA has a ton of chain rifles, and marker users are allergic to them. Even if you trade like 3 pieces to get him, you're still probably ahead of your opponent in terms of points destroyed, and definitely ahead if it's being done with his own orders.

So once you set up your DZ guard, the opponent will likely not do this stuff, but hey, isn't that the point?

7. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

By the way, camo marker have a 360° LOF so a well placed Cateran could protect some of your DZ accesses (depending of your table set-up)

Rembember that your camo marker can hold their ORA against an enemy camo marker

8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Barrogh

Well, that was rude in the context :(

10. inane.imp

No I legitimately don't know if it's satire or not: CHA has the best access to flank guards in the game.

ijw likes this.
  11. Barrogh

Yeah, but it takes some experience to figure out certain things that aren't obvious to everyone buying into the whole "skirmish with 10 models" thing, like how some armies use people instead of mines and some such.

Admittedly, not a whole lot of experience, but still.

12. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Chain volunteers are great flank and rear guards. Cheap and don't have worry about winning a face to face on their awful 10 BS. USAriadna and Vanilla the flamethrower grunt is an amazing flank guard. 6 ARM in cover and a massive angry flame template. Not a welcoming corner to round or push through. The inferior infiltrating version is even better. If he succeeds he's now a massive problem right in your enemies face. If he fails he becomes a great and well armed flank guard.

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  13. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

<points upwards>
    This.
    That, my friend, is actually Aleph thanks to them Thorakitai with SMG, Chain Rifle & 360 visor...

14. inane.imp

Because you regularly see 6-10 of those in a list? Playing CHA I would regularly see 6-10 Gals and CR+LSG Vols.

Best access not necessarily best.

#14 inane.imp, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  15. andre61

Thank you, all for your feed back, Ok! I see where I'm going wrong at. I use my volunteers with a grey rifle as a assault team. and was using my Wulvers as flank guard or a Dozer and I even used a warcor.

16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Volunteers are cheap enough that you can happily run some in a Fireteam: Core and still have a bunch of them as flank guards, ideally mixed in with a few Galwegians who can happily be 'disposable' Discover AROs that have Doffed if the Camo trooper decides to reveal and shoot.

As inane.imp says, CHA are one of the best Sectorials in the game when it comes to guarding your flanks against Camo.

inane.imp likes this.
  17. andre61

You are right, So! I'm now redoing some of my list.

inane.imp likes this.
  18. andre61

Ok, here is a list I came up with

[​IMG] Assault team
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER Light Shotgun, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 10)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] HIGHLANDER GREY T2 Rifle, 2 Light Shotguns, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 33)
    [​IMG] S.A.S. Chain Rifle, Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] S.A.S. Chain Rifle, Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] UXÍA McNEILL (S.A.S. CP) (CH: Camouflage, Infiltration, Multispectral Visor L1) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] CATERAN T2 Sniper Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 24)
    [​IMG] 112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] CALEDONIAN MORMAER Lieutenant (X Visor) T2 Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    [​IMG] DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)
    [​IMG] TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 11)
    [​IMG] HIGHLANDER Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] HIGHLANDER Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 6)
    [​IMG] HIGHLANDER Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 6)

4 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

19. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

The list looks good to me!
    Just be careful when deploying the Galwegians! They are impetuous and - unless you spend orders - will rush headlong to the nearest enemy. A skilled opponent knows this and chances are high will try to lure them to open field preferably in the firing range of some pesky MSV+ snipers...
    Rifles are vasted on Galwegians in my oppinion. I would swap the 11 points Highlander and the spare 1 point for a fourth Galwegians. Keep in mind you can coordinate order four irregular troopers! Rushing 4 Galwegians upfields with a coordinated order is just awesome!
    Did you consider adding Isobel McGregor to the main fireteam?
    I think you are far better of handing a HMG to the Highlander Grey! You have the spare SWC and 1 point!
    Katyusha works best when fielded along a fairly high number of infiltrating camo FOs; your list lacks them completely. I would try to find points to upgrade the SAS to FO (and preferably add some more).
    Adding a rifle wielding Volunteer to the fireteam is a fantastic idea! Everyone will believe he is the Lt! Awesome!
    I hope this helps!

20. Barrogh

One thing I'd say that lack of DTWs in Grey+Vols link may end up being a weakness for certain enemies to exploit. I'm also not sure about LGL Vol. He probably won't be in a position to land good shots with it, and low base BS on top of lacking FO support means it will not be efficient to use speculative here. And yes, HMG on Grey is probably a better idea in general.

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation