1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List review

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Melandrin, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Melandrin

Melandrin New Member

Hello fellow Posthumans,

I’m a new Infinity player and I’ll be participating in my first leagues shortly. The first two missions are Frontline (150 points) and then Firefight (200 points) and are Training missions. I’d like your advice on my first two lists, both of which are Steel Phalanx Sectorial. I have the Steel Phalanx Army Box, Steel Phalanx Sectorial Box, Achilles 2, Atalanta, Drakios & Scylla , Acmon, and Dactyls. I also have Posthumans 1, Ekdromoi (HMG), Garuda Tacbot (HMG), Garuda Tacbot (Combi Rifle), Rebots and Chandra Sergeant Thrasymedes.

My proposed lists are:

Frontline

This list has Ajax and the Myrmidons in an Enomotarchos for taking mid-sector, while Phoenix is for the sector closest to me.

[​IMG] Steel Phalanx
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1

[​IMG] PHOENIX Lieutenant Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 40)

[​IMG] MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)

[​IMG] MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 25)

[​IMG] MYRMIDON Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 24)

[​IMG] AJAX 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)

2 SWC | 144 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Firefight

Two full Enomotarchos links for order efficiency. The first is the same Ajax-Myrmidon link from the Frontline list which I expect to be my killing machine. The full Thorkite link is for order generation and parking in a good fire line to try and exploit the HMG in ARO. Agema is overwatch and tanking out opposing snipers/long range pieces.

[​IMG] Firefight Training Mission
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1

[​IMG] AJAX Lieutenant 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)

[​IMG] MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)

[​IMG] MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 25)

[​IMG] MYRMIDON Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 24)

[​IMG] THORAKITES HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)

[​IMG] THORAKITES Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

[​IMG] THORAKITES Paramedic (Medikit, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)

[​IMG] THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15)

[​IMG] AGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)

4 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Thoughts? And thanks for taking a look

2. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Welcome to Infinity and to Steel Phalanx!

The first list looks good to me. You can give a go!
    Regarding the first list I think you could downgrade the Combi Rifle and Boarding Shotgun Myrmidons to the cheapest Chain Rifle versions. This way you can spare a lot of points. You can use these points to get more troopers. For example you can take a fourth Myrmidon and a Netrod; a Thorakitai with Light Rocket Launcher and two Netrods. This will give you more orders to fuel your heavy hitters. If you field four Myrmidons, you can get two fireteams granting Ajax and Phoenix both the burst bonus.

Regarding the second list there is a problem: If you want to field a Thorakitai fireteam, you have to include either Alke or Thrasymedes (the 30-points version).
    The same advise applies here, too: replace the Combi Rifle and Boarding Shotgun Myrmidons with Chain Rifle Myrmidons and get more troopers. I advise to include 10 troopers in the list for maximum efficiency. (Netrods are the cheapest option.)
    Thorakitai with 360 visors are very good troopers because they will watch the backside!
    Last but not least: if you can spare 9 points, you should upgrade the Agema marksman to Atalanta. She is just awesome! Lay down smoke for her and have her shoot across the smoke! (Leaving her for ARO duties is a vaste, though...)

3. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

You’ll rare see people dropping points on Myrmidons other than chain rifle and Spitfire. The combi rifle range bands is usually covered by a hero like Machaon or Ajax, boarding shotguns is often the territory of a CoC officer - but that is the least interesting bit on that profile. The Spitfire allows for a B5 mid-range weapon, while the chain rifle is ‘cheap’ padding, while being able to clear mines etc.

Also, especially at low points, consider whether you ‘need’ the fourth member of a Myrmidon team - thorakites are great in this respect, as they like ARO duty. But Myrmidons don’t want to end up in a position, where the fourth member is useful - if they do, they usually die.

And here is a 150 list, just to show how much of an arse, you can be at that points level :

[​IMG] Aleph - Untitled Roster (150/300 | 3/6)

Group #1 | 9 Models | [​IMG] 9 [​IMG] 0 [​IMG] 0

[​IMG] Proxy Mk.1 Engineer | Engineer, Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Pistol, D-Charges / Knife (10)
    [​IMG] Netrod AI Beacon | (4)
    [​IMG] Achilles Spitfire Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Nanopulser, Spitfire, Pistol / EXP CCW (75)
    [​IMG] Proxy Mk.2 Hacker | Assault Hacking Device, Nanopulser, Boarding Shotgun, Pistol / Knife (21)
    [​IMG] Probot Minesweeper | Minesweeper, Repeater, Electric Pulse (8)
    [​IMG] Probot Minesweeper | Minesweeper, Repeater, Electric Pulse (8)
    [​IMG] Lamedh Rebot Repeater | Flash Pulse / Electric Pulse (8)
    [​IMG] Lamedh Rebot Repeater | Flash Pulse / Electric Pulse (8)

4. Melandrin

Melandrin New Member

Thank you both for the advice. I made some updates to my lists and we'll see how well they do.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation