1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List help for Tournament

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Mcgreag, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Hi. New Infinity player here with only a handful of games played so far.
    Going to participate in a tournament in a month and need some list advice.
    A lot of time left but want to mostly lock it down early so I know what I should focus on painting and practicing with.

Rules for the tournament are going to be Limited Insertion and Soldiers of Fortune and the missions are going to be:
    Frostbyte
    Show of Force
    Capture and Protect
    Highly Classified - Extreme Mode
    There are also going to be bonus objective where the player who preforms the highest number of Coup de Grâce using a TAG combined over the whole tournament will win an O-Yoroi.

I don't own an O-Yoroi but I can borrow one for the tournament so I want to at least try to make an attempt for the bonus objective. Because of that for the first list I'm considering Section9s Samurai 7 list, seems like it will be good for Frostbyte and Show of Force. But I might need something that can also do Capture and Protect reasonably well as I am not sure I can make a list that can do both that and Highly Classified well.
    For the second list I have come up with this so far. Not easy to get everything you need for for Highly Classified Extreme with only 10 troops...

[​IMG] LI HC Extreme
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SHINOBU Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (1 | 47)
    [​IMG] KARAKURI (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
    [​IMG] KARAKURI Mk12, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)
    [​IMG] KARAKURI Heavy Shotgun, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] KEMPEI (Multispectral Visor L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    [​IMG] KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] YURIKO ODA Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The idea is that with Shinobu as a aggressive lieutenant doing things requiring Elite/Veteran I am going to need a CoC Kempei which will also act as a backup for anything needing Elite, Veteran or CoC. Second Kempei for MSV objectives.
    Karakuri Haris for everything involving Forward Observing and shooting stuff.
    Tokusetus for Doctor, Yuriko Oda for Engineer and backup D-Charges.
    Ryuken-9 for D-Charges and backup killing and finally the KHD Ninja for hacking and defending the Karakuri against enemy hackers.

The two Kempei and Yuriko Oda can form a core team with bots assigned to the medic or alternatively depending on opponent and objectives I can choose not to form the core and assign one or both bots to Yuriko.

Any suggestions or advice for either lists? Assume full access to troops as I can borrow/proxy what I don't have.

Meta wise I expect to see plenty of TAGs, and HIs and therefore also plenty of hackers. Players playing very cautiously with most if not every troop prone at the start of the game.

2. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Looks good to me.
    I would consider changing the SMG Ryuken for a HRL Ryuken. Surely you will lose D-Charges, but Yuriko has one and the camo state gives you much needed protection. Putting an ODD trooper with SMG into suppresive fire is a good idea provided said trooper inhabits G2 or you can migrate regular troopers in G1 to make up for the loss. In limited insertion this is not the case. I think you would be better off with an active turn hunter-killer, because - except for the doc obviously hiding in the backyard - everyone is in camo state or a fireteam member, consequently everybody can take care of themselves fairly well.
    Summon @Section9
    Arigathanks gozaimuch!

3. alir

alir Member

You need to remember, that hidden deployment won't be an option for Shinobu, since it will instantly LOL you.

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  4. Káosz Brigodéros

Either put him in camo marker state, or use the good old fashioned trick of declaring Alert with a disposable hero when your opponent's order pool is sufficiently low.

5. Mcgreag

Worst case and I don't reveal Shinobo shouldn't it fall back on the CoC? or does that only happen when current lieutenant dies?

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Only happens when the current LT dies (or otherwise goes into a Null State), sadly.

Emphasis mine.

7. Mcgreag

If I need another LT option I could replace one of the Karakuri with a Domaru for a mixed Haris. That would give me enough points to replace the Ryuken-9 with a Kuroshi Rider LT.
    That would also give the Karakuri some CC protection.

@Káosz Brigodéros I have read alot on Infinity but I don't think I have come up with the G2/G1 designations before. What do they mean in this context?

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Combat Group 1 or Group 2

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  9. Káosz Brigodéros

Groups. In a say 15 order list one group is the main one consisting of 10 hard hitting troopers and the other group is chaff, secondary group consisting of roadblocks, ARO pieces and back-up troopers. The full group I labelled G1 the other smaller I labelled G2. (Army Builder use the same labels.) Sorry for the inconvenience.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation