1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Links to some free papercraft terrain

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by jherazob, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Today in another thread i noticed people didn't knew about the Genet Models repository of free papercraft, which for me was one of the "everybody knows it" links, then realized that lots of people haven't been around long enough to have heard many resources recommended. So i decided to do something about it and post some free papercraft links. (Hint: In case you somehow haven't heard what papercraft itself is, here's the Wikipedia page giving you more info that you thought you wanted, also the terrain included on the army boxes like Icestorm is considered papercraft, so you knew already even if you didn't knew you knew).

If you want to save bookmark space for some reason, one particularly prolific papercraft artist, Ninjatoes, keeps a blog with new releases he finds on the net, and also keeps an index of links to models, indexed by topic. It just so happens that one of the topics is "Tabletop", so here's his Tabletop index. It pretty much includes everything i'm going to mention and loads more. He also used to be on top of it to not keep broken links on it, but honestly i haven't visited it in a while so no idea if that's still true.

So, here's some links to save you some time and go straight to places with useful things for Infinity (2D standees and Heroquest style medieval dungeon furniture qualify as tabletop but might not be very useful for us):
    • Topo Solitario. He goes before anybody else because he's the original when it comes to Infinity stuff, he's the one that designed the stuff on the army boxes plus some downloads on the official site, and it's likely that tables in places playing Infinity long enough have something from him, from one of his vehicles to the ubiquitous Ikubes. Plus he's here in the forums, @TopoSolitario (Hi!)
    • Genet Models. This is one of the veterans in the actual hobby of papercraft. As i understand it, he used to sell models for wargames and RPGs while giving away stuff on forums where lots of collaborative design happened, but at some point stopped, and gave away his things on his site. The link is directly to the archive of free stuff on his site, cataloged by year. You'll find all sorts of things from ships, to buildings, to robots to assorted things. Many, many if not all are useful to us at some level. This is the one that made me make this post.
    • Momir Farooq's site. Almost all of his terrain is for the long defunct Star Wars miniature games, but many things are directly usable for us. I've used his Death Star consoles, for example.
    • Germy. He has a few buildings in our scale, plus some floor plans he originally did for RPGs, which have a sci-fi version (very cartoonish but will work as a base for something).
    • Combat Storm. While we love to have exceedingly high quality models, some people are content with green army men. Whle we can't make them see the light, they do have some modern to Middle-East looking terrain that can fit on Haqq tables once you add some holo stuff for that dose of anachronism.
    • Armorman. If you follow 40k papercraft you know him, because he's the insane person who made a Reaver Titan out of paper/cardboard and got an art prize with it. I linked to the papermodels on his Deviantart gallery, where he has some models for ships that we could use (also so you can go drool at his fully paper/cardboard dioramas).
    • taerSliver. The communications dish, the dumpsters and the piping can be used on our tables, and maybe those mechs could be some detail hidden away somewhere.
    • Tommygun. This person is a legend in the wargaming world because of the stuff he makes. He used to have a thread over at the old forums where he posted his stuff, plus a site where he used to have everything for download, but twice the site he used has died, and he seems to not have made yet the transition to here. So, i linked to the OneDrive directory where he (or somebody else, not sure) used to have all his stuff. He has from full buildings to little details like his small boxes.
    There is more stuff out there than this, for example i avoided linking to stuff on WorldsWorksGames and DriveThruRPG/WargameVault because of the rules for commercial things on the forums, but we can mention them. Still, with these you should be set. And always you can get a bunch of MotoTronica/Hephaestus/etc. terrain packs from CB which are simpler and therefore far easier to assemble.

Hopefully this will mean that Infinity tables will continue having nice variety in the near future.

Alfy, n21lv, Karmano and 11 others like this.
  2. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

A word of advice. These papercraft files can be ephemeral. When you find something you like, don't just bookmark it for later. Download it right then and there. The files, and even the site, might be gone in the near future. I had a nice set of heavy industry vehicle files, and classic car files from Canon. When I went to look for more some months later, everything was gone. Fortunately I had already 'looted' the place thoroughly.

Here's a place for some interesting papercraft. http://paper-replika.com/ Some of it can be readily adapted for Infinity, especially the buses, i.e. shipping containers on wheels ;)

Golem2God, unclesrouce and jherazob like this.
  3. ancalagon77

ancalagon77 Well-Known Member

4. jherazob

Just be aware than that one is not free (and therefore the link might be against the forum rules), but yes, it's nice, and i highly approve the usage of Aleph minis with it

5. unclesrouce

unclesrouce Well-Known Member

Here are a collection of all kind (from buildings, cars, scatter, etc.) of paper terrain that might be used for infinity scenery. The good thing on paper terrain is that you can just print it in the scale you need.

https://www.pinterest.at/rodiaz7471/infinity-paper-scenery/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Golem2God, Edster and jherazob like this.
  6. jherazob

"No, Pinterest, i have absolutely zero desire to log in" :face_with_rolling_eyes:

xagroth, Icchan and DukeofEarl like this.
  7. ancalagon77

8. Kaiserburger

Kaiserburger Active Member

Hi guys, I realized I lost some papercraft files from a lot of time ago and one of them was this building from Tommygun: it seems that it can't be found anywhere, is there anybody holding this preciousss in his/her Drive?

9. jherazob

Following the link goes to the second dead Tommygun site. But hey, Internet Archive has your back. It links to a file shared with Dropbox, so get it while you can, Dropbox is notoriously bad for actually sharing stuff. I think i'll take a look at what else does the Wayback Machine have of his dead site as soon as i can and recover anything else that's lost.

Red Harvest likes this.
  10. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Following my own advice... downloaded :)

Pinterest and the log-in nag... I don't see it. I'm not sure if it is because of the javascript blocker I use or because I zapped it with ublock origin -- which has a nice little tool for removing stuff like that -- at some previous time.

For those of you who followed @ancalagon77 his link to star wars papercraft, here is some cloud city papercraft from the same creator, or creatrix, actually.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VWLeW0i5rmmKu9NY8R-6HXuwm9FmByYV

11. ancalagon77

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation