1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limited Insertion: USARF Win vs IA

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by McKaptain, Aug 27, 2019.

1. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

My buddy and I have been playing once or twice a week for the last couple of months as he’s been learning IA. Over that period of time he has become a very competent player. With the news that USARF was getting an update, I wanted to try a LI game with what has been argued as the weakest LI army vs. what has been said to be one of the strongest LI armies before the update dropped.

I have long thought USARF is stronger than it is given credit for. I doubted that I would win, but I wanted to see what I could get done.

We played Annihilation. My opponent says I win because I’m a sneaky bastard and squeeze out objectives despite most all of my models being dead, so I wanted to give him an advantage on the mission too.

The mission ended up being a blood bath, with most of the models on each side being dead. I ended up pulling the win by bringing Van Zant on and killing his Datatracker.

Final score was 6-4 USARF.

Take aways, Marauders are mean in a full core and the UKR is a weird hodgepodge of mishmash. No news there...

2. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

The main problem with LI US is that you are really limited in models to take leading to it almost being a CBL. You basically have to take MM or Marauder Core, Van Zant, UKR, 2 Blackjacks just to get to around 270.What was your list? How did you get around his order advantage?

Marauder core is amazing. Even if bravery stays, I feel like I still wouldn't want MM core after enjoying the Dogged advantage. I really like Molotok, HRL, BSG, HF Para, HF Para.

McKaptain likes this.
  3. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

Marauder Core: BS, HRL, Sniper, HF para, Molotok

MM AP HMG Lt.
    UKR w/ CoC
    Van Zant
    Foxtrot
    DD w/ HS

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation