1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limited insertion in vanilla with new tunguska : how would you do ?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Arkhos94, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Simple question : new tunguska bring a lot of new interesting tools for limited insertion :
    - puppet master has a lot of potential for rambo, even more with the limited board contol in LI
    - puppetbot bring more body to the table
    - mary problem allow to have a hacker efficient in a lot of situation
    - heckler bring interesting SK alternative

So, how would you use them in a vanilla list (300pts, LI, no option) ? With what kind of list (in direct op or special op situation) ?

Let's share our inspiration and ideas on how to make our opponent crazy with all three nomad ships armies

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Puppets in LI is huge. It basically gives you 3 additional troops / 6 additional wounds for your opponent to chew through.

[​IMG] Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1
    [​IMG] PUPPET MASTERS (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / PistolKnife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] PUPPETBOT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] PUPPETBOT (Marksmanship L1) AP Marksman Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 16)

2 SWC | 52 Points

Open in Infinity Army

B4. Shock + AP. Defensive Shotguns. 7 wounds. Decoy for your Intruder.

Next real question is Interventor Lt Y/N?

If no 2 X Securitate Lt + Decoy also gives you a couple of orders.

Then a Kriza HMG and an Intruder.

[​IMG] Nomads

[​IMG]5
    [​IMG] INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] KRIZA BORAC HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    [​IMG] PUPPET MASTERS (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / PistolKnife. (0.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] PUPPETBOT (Marksmanship L1) AP Marksman Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 16)
    [​IMG] SECURITATE Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] SECURITATE Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

5.5 SWC | 175 Points

Open in Infinity Army

That leaves you ~25pts per trooper for 5 troops. SK, AD, a source of Smoke, Drs and Engineers. Given most of our options in that space are 20-30pts. It seems to build itself.

Smiler and loricus like this.
  3. Xince

Xince Member

Puppets vanilla will be a must i think, and they're maybe even easier to use vanilla as you have lots of tools to protect the master you don't have in TJC.

And hecklers + zeroes will bring headache on many opponents

4. Arkhos94

I'm a little bit worried on how vulnerable the puppetmaster will be in LI. With only 10 troopers in the opposing side, rambo have an easy (or at least not to hard) time moving through the board.

The puppetmaster cannot ARO so aren't you worried to have him hunted ?

5. inane.imp

Not particularly. Even a Squallo is only 31% odds to put her Unconcious in a single order. Which just leaves you with a body heal for your classified ;) so - on average - it's somewhere between 2-5 orders to kill her (1-2 orders to position, 1-3 orders to take her Unc). 2-5 orders to kill a 50pt model with a TAG is fairly standard. Something like Bran is still probably going to take about the same amount: 3-4 orders seems reasonable, assuming he isn't Superior Infiltrated (which is a riskier play) and the Minelayer profile can seriously complicate that type of play.

She's basically a unit that wants to go first: you can afford to be aggressive with the Puppets and - really awful deployment excepted - she's not going to die on your active. And going second, you have 3 disposable troops you can leave out as aggressive ARO pieces. She should absolutely be your reserve though: to maximise your ability to deploy away with your Puppets between you and the threat.

The other point to remember for Zone Control missions: Disconnected is not a null state. Sure the Puppeteer is down, but you've still got 6 scoring wounds in a zone. THAT'S going to be fun to play against. :)

Ultimately: so what? It's an expensive unit but it's hardly a lynchpin. It just gives you some seriously nice options, and is an obvious target for your opponent to spend orders on killing.

Ginrei and ambisinister like this.
  6. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

That's the good thing about the Minelayer option. Every one will be super carfucabecause it might be an Intruder in range of the Puppet master.

I am pretty excited about something like this:
    [​IMG] Nomads

[​IMG]8 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] PERSEUS (Super-Jump) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / 2 Pistols, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] HECKLER Boarding Shotgun, E|Marat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] PROWLER Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 36)
    [​IMG] BANDIT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] SPECTOR (AD: Combat Jump) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, E/M2 CC Weapon. (0 | 33)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Not sure if the Tomcat Doctor would be the better choice though!? Fxing the Tsyklon on a roof with the Tomcat is just so much fun synergy and Raoul has NWI anyways. Could still be useful for the Bandit and Prowler tho. :/

7. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

I'd almost certainly work the ZondNaut in. That speed will be difficult for an opponent to deal with, particularly if they have a Fireteam. It also comes with a free order. I might even consider taking 2. Perseus makes for an interesting smoke thrower for an Intruder. -9 to hi throwing from cover on a 16 and NWI if he does lose the FtF. MA3, DTW, & Smoke make him a serious threat on his own too. His only competition for utility plus smoke is Lupe.

#7 wellspokenman, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  8. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken but puppets don't generate orders. I don't thing you want to start with 7 orders in LI.

9. simland

simland New Member

They only provide 1 order, but also only take up one troop slot. Army may still be bugged.

inane.imp likes this.
  10. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Also AP Marksman Rifle profile costs 0 SWC, so this link is cheaper and still tough.

11. Arkhos94

Strategic question : what do you think of perseus in vanilla LI ? I usually take a slot to include a smoker (jaguar) for my intruder. Perseus could take this job for turn 1 and 2 then do some last turn job turn 3.

Would you use him ? How ?

12. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

He's an interesting choice. If I had a lot of extra points I would put consider putting him in. He'll be pretty good at clearing your opponents off of objectives. With my personal play style though, I will probably lean more towards the ZondNaut. Particularly if I had the SWC for the Spitfire.

That being said, what I can't quantify until I put him on the table is how useful NWI and ODD will be. There are a number of times where you have to spend an extra order or two to get the smoke where you want it, which can be a problem in LI. With ODD & NWI you can save an order here and there by taking chances. That might end up being a big deal, or it might be negligible. It's hard to say until you have tried it. It's also worth noting that he has a SF capable weapon and BS 13. He's definitely a good choice for Data Tracker.

13. inane.imp

NWI + ODD is huge. He's Kusanagi-lite with Smoke and solid CC.

I think he's an almost auto-include versus Ariadna or any other low BTS factions: hitting Grunts or Vet Zazaks with Breaker is just amusing.

14. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

[​IMG] OhDiDn't see us!?

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] PERSEUS (Super-Jump) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / 2 Pistols, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] BANDIT (Forward Observer) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] HECKLER Red Fury / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

An alternative is to change the Moira to Kusanagi and the Heckler to a Shotgun.
    I really like it, does feel a bit like a Pan-O or Aleph list to me, with all the awesomeness of Nomads!!!

#14 McNamara, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    BingBong and loricus like this.
  15. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

If there's soldiers of fortune (like for eg. at the Inteplanetario), I'd take an SMG bashi bazouk deployed on the table using holoprojectors to appear as three Puppetmasters, as a way of disguising the real one.

16. inane.imp

Spec Ops as well. Holo 1 + Minelayer to look like a Puppeteer and Intruder option.

Only issue is that it reveals as soon as you spend an order on the Puppets: because you actually activate the Puppeteer who Idles. Still good to complicate first turn Alphas.

Leviathan likes this.
  17. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I just stumbled on this combination:

[​IMG] Nomads

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] KUSANAGI Lieutenant Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    [​IMG] MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] ZOE & PI-WELL undefined. (0 | 47)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] BRAN DO CASTRO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 33)
    [​IMG] STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Can't skip the Nomad staples of Intruder and those pretty Remotes yet. Kind of a play on the good old Corregidor A-Team I guess. :)

#17 McNamara, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  18. Masterblaster

Masterblaster Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I have tried some of the new tools already.
    The hollowmen with ML and an engineer next to it is a huge aro piece and gives you offensive options aswell.
    Mary Problems is awsome in vanilla if combined with a moran and gives you large board control. Especially in Li you needn't fear anything thats hackable and despite from Haqq or Ariadan thats nearly everything.
    The Heckler with E/Marat or Jammer is pretty worth its points. Not that much benefit but also nice and cheap offensive weapon.
    Especially in LI Perseus is your best choice to bring smoke in synergie with an Intruder.

I dont want to show my lists so far because i like to use them in Vigo ;-) but in my experience Tunguska has some pretty nice tools.

loricus likes this.
  19. bakuninunbound

bakuninunbound Well-Known Member

This list is just about as much fun as I have had in the game. Can do it all and plenty of resiliency and tricks

[​IMG] Tunguska Limited Insertion

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / PistolKnife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] PUPPETBOT (Marksmanship L1) AP Marksman Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] KRIZA BORAC HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    [​IMG] HECKLER Combi Rifle, Jammer, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] HOLLOW MEN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 37)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

20. jesusjohn

jesusjohn Member

I'd go with this.

[​IMG]
    EDIT: cant get list to work.

Basicly hollowmen and stempler, full team of puppets, supported by hacker, speckters and clockmaker

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation