1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Libertos Freedom Fighters

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by TheDiceAbide, Dec 6, 2018.

1. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

Looks like we got Libertos added to the Ikari Company, woohoo! I’m pretty excited, should add some cheap tactical options to the army.

Space Ranger likes this.
  2. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Bringing the tally of 8 point wunderkinds to 6, if you count the fugazi..

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  3. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Cheap camo roadblock. Last week I lost painfully against Varuna and their LRL-toting Helots - 3 of them. Time to do a regame :)

To be honest, I was really frustrated with the way I performed in that game and even thought about switching to another Merc company. But I will give these fishmen a try :)

#3 kesharq, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Darn you beat me to it! :sleepy:

Give me Liberty or give me..... a dead pile of PanO! :facepunch:

Now, how do we use this guy? My thought is that it's a protector, for our lone Lt. It's very obvious who it is most of the time. Almost always the Brawler. If I have the SWC i'll do the minelayer and somehow place him just right so the mine can be placed to protect the Lt.. Otherwise it will be the 8pt SMG. Again, I can forget the Forward Deploy. I can just place a camo token near the Lt. That can throw guys off even more. It's expected to FD them.

The reason for NOT Forward Deploying in Ikari is that he will pretty much be on his own. The only other thing is the Ninja to be midfield. That most of the time, for me, is hidden, pretending to be a YY to come down and ruin a day. If you know Ikari even a little, you will know what a camo token in Ikari is. He can be a speed bump order eater but since he's on his own it's not going to be much of one. So if you do FD I'd recommend the Minelayer just because then there's two camo tokens to deal with.

Another thing to use him for, guarding an area against drop troops and infiltrators. The first mine laid down to cover and then place two more right away. If I can, i'll even have him near the EVO baggage to fill up again but that's pretty order intensive.

Anyone else with ideas?

5. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I actually plan on not using the minelayer, I find my SWC to be tight enough as it is in Ikari! Instead I’m loving an 8 point warband which can also drop into suppressive fire and dodge on 16’s.

Space Ranger likes this.
  6. Fire@Will

Of course, a ninja who opts for some lite camo-ing, a little deeper in deployment could look a lot like an irregular speed bump...

With a 20-order list, you can afford to think in waves; turn 1 is yuan yuan, turn 2 might be krakot and maybe bashi, or now the libertos. Even if he's a premium Warcor (irregular order and command token), he's got utility for clearing a second wave. And, an unexpected DEP is potentially worth it...

7. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

8 pts ... not sure of this one is better than another yuan²

theradrussian likes this.
  8. Fire@Will

It is when you've got 4 already... and, the Libertos is better at guarding a flank (marker state gives you 360 vision, for instance)

Space Ranger likes this.
  9. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Nice. Didn't know we were getting that. 1 swc is a bit harsh for a minelayer though

10. Gus-its

Gus-its Member

1 swc is the keisotsu lieut cost, you may choose brawler or druze to be your lieut instead of keisotsu if you chose it.

11. Fire@Will

No Druze Lt. anymore... but between the Libertos, Krakot and Bashi Bazouk you can have SMGs... SMGs everywhere

12. Space Ranger

I used the Minelayer in a tournament this weekend. He was great! I essentially used him as a little road block. I put mines all over the place to make my opponent deal with them and him. Because they are so new, they had no idea what he could be under the camo.

13. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Hmph... not sure why but the profiles to me look kinda unassuming really?
    I mean I got one with the book, but it’s such an ugly sculpt, too. Plus it’s some kind of alien, right? My Ikari attack team isn’t very welcoming I’m that regard (just doesn’t fit my head-canon).

14. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I will use motoko as libertos, its kinda the same profile, infiltration mimestism/ODD mines etc ..

BlackCadian likes this.
  15. East of Irem

East of Irem Well-Known Member

Its just what I had hoped, that little libertos is going to be very useful, offers so much utlity

16. Space Ranger

He's jus a cheap deterrent. Lay down a bunch of mines and then do nothing but dodge on 16s in ARO. I made my opponent waste at least 5 orders because of him.

17. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Ummm Motoko? All I came up with was something from Neon Genesis Evangelion :/

18. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

type "motoko infinity" on google

BlackCadian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation