1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Legendary Bahadurs"; some questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by der_narr, Dec 17, 2018.

1. der_narr

der_narr Member

Hello evreyone!

I have some questions regarding the new expansion:

1. Oberon's tactic "Delirium": What does "choose" exactly mean here? Must my opponent show me his hand so I can choose the tactic(s) I want or is it more like drawing/picking tactic(s) from my opponent's hand?

2. Can I use Shona's "Defense at a Distance" if she is adjacent to more than one enemy model?

3. Final Boss' "Chimera Ram": Can I use the 4 displacements and "Face, meet Fist" in any order I want?
    For example: displace-displace-"Face, meet Fist"-displace-displace

4. Koorie Queen's general switch: I'm still unsure how the current ruling is on this one. Can an Attacker (or a Defender) inflicting :4:damage to her, if she activates the :O:Hidden state in the switches step?

Thank you for your help!

2. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

Answers in bold.

der_narr, -V- and treiral like this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

For Koorie Queen you get the most out of her if you can keep her Hidden. It is important to always remember that the conditions of any Attack at the time an Attack is declared are maintained until the Attacks resolution. Therefore @Kelthret is correct but I could elaborate. Try to keep Koorie Queen far enough away from Enemy characters so that her Automatic Skill applies. If she begins her actions step more than :L:1-3 away from any Enemy she starts Hidden. Therefore her first Boomerang Attack she can make it Hidden( and take no damage from the :2: of Defenders) but in the process of attacking she loses the Hidden state. I believe that even if she gets her :3::3: General Switch when rolling for Boomerang she would be able to Displace herself but would lose Hidden at the end of the Attack.

der_narr and treiral like this.
  4. Roadrunner7431

My community very much wants a ruling from @-V- about Oberon's Tactic Delirium. I tell them that the Spanish verb "seleccionar" is a cognate of the English "select" so it must mean that the Oberon player may look at his opponent's hand so that Oberon may choose the card. but my "friends" in the community insist on a ruling from the top.

der_narr likes this.
  5. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

I agree with you, Oberon will look at the hand and choose which tactics to shuffle back. But I guess my opinion won't satisfy your community. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

der_narr and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

In Spanish, if you are going to choose, to select a Tactic from your opponent's hand is because you are going to see it.

So, yes. Your opponent must show you their hand and then you select one Tactic for each Ally or Enemy suffering the Silenced State.

:wink:

Egape, volgo, Croepoek and 2 others like this.
  7. der_narr

der_narr Member

Thanks everybody for the answers! :+1:

8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Hi, @-V- I also have some questions, regarding Legendary Bahadurs.

1. If Oberon Silences Koorie Queen's Bounce, does it make her unable to perform Bounce via the Boomerang ability? The Bounce is Silenced but does it apply the Switches of the Boomerang?

2. Speaking of Koorie Queen and her Boomerang, is she able to perform Bounce if the Target was fragged? If I remember correctly, Valkyrie is not able to displace herself if she kills her Target, as there's no valid target to displace towards, is this the same logic with Koorie Queen's Boomerang?

Kind regards!

treiral likes this.
  9. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

1-She cannot, since she needs to be able to execute the action, which she can't since it's silenced
    2-The Bounce from Boomerang's switch targets another objective (:SL:1-3 range), so it does not matter if the original target of boomerang is alive or not.

der_narr likes this.
  10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

1. I’m under the same interpretation, however one can argue that she isn’t performing Bounce, she’s perform bounce via a Switch from Boomerang, which isn’t Silenced.

2. It actually doesn’t. First of all, the Switch is AFTER the Resolution Step, which means damage has to be implemented first. Read the text again, it says you can Target someone WITHIN this Attacks TARGET. So what happens when the target of the attack dies, since there’s no longer a target? Legally I don’t see how you draw LOF within something that doesn’t exist.

11. Roadrunner7431

It would be especially strange if Koorie ‘s boomerang just happens to vanish into thin air if her original Target goes to the Infirmary. Her fans in the Human Sphere would go insane with protests.

Kaloupilé likes this.
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Or it simply returned to her? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

I woiwosay she can't trigger that switch, or take the bounce if it is Silenced or the target is dead.

14. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

If Bounce is Silenced she can't perform it anyway. About second question (target and Boomerang Switch), we're reviewing for FAQ.

:wink:

volgo likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation