1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laxmee's "Atom"

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Roadrunner7431, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I was reviewing Bostria's BoW video from 11/21/17 previewing SoF. He states toward the end that Laxmee has a Tactics card that in some situations may be more powerful than a "No!" This must be Laxmee's "Atom"

I am trying to understand better the implications of this card. The timing is "Before your opponent makes a roll" Then the effect is "Choose a :,:, :-:, or :.: die from your opponent's Roll. Your opponent's Roll is reduced to that die only. Your opponent cannot add any more dice to their Roll.

I was playing the TTS mod a few days ago. My opponent- Mushashi attacked my Mushashi and added a bunch of dice to the Face-to-Face Roll of Ken No Sen. For sake of demonstration say he added a :,:,:-: and :.:. He would otherwise be rolling a :+:,:,:,:,:,:-:,:-:,:.:. This would likely give devastating results and likely trigger his :1::3::3: switch to attack again without spending any Action Points.

However if I had "Atom" in my hand and played it after he added the extra dice but before he makes his roll, then he rolls only one:.:. No chance for his switch giving extra attack and the best result for him is :2::1::3:.So even if he converts :1: to :2: he does a maximum of two hits.
    Please correct me if I misunderstand.

Koni likes this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That's correct - their entire Roll is reduced to that one die.

-V- and precinctomega like this.
  3. DeadlyOcean

DeadlyOcean SCAF Maelstrom Crew/Korean A! Manager/Sygmaa Spy;)

Can I use 'Atom' Tactic to Simple Rolls? because Timing said only "Before your opponent makes a roll"

4. Roadrunner7431

I would think that one could use "Atom" against a simple roll. An enemy Gata might be threatening to Dazzle one of your key ranged characters or you may want to shut down a certain Gotcha or Vade Retro. Shutting down a crucial "Be Water, Dude" for which your opponent spent 3 action points might be very frustrating for him.

DeadlyOcean and -V- like this.
  5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Of course, you can.

6. DeadlyOcean

Thanks for your answer.

But Two more questions.

1. If I used ‘Atom’ to opponent’s single dice roll action(like medikit of Parvati), that rolls nullified or not?

2. If laxmee declare ‘move’, and after she use ‘D/buffer’ and get switchs, her movement point can over 5 points? Or maximum ponit amount is 5?

7. Roadrunner7431

My best answer
    1. Using "Atom" on an opponent's dice roll where he only has one die to roll would be a waste of an excellent Tactic. It would not nullify the roll. He would still roll that one die alone.
    2. Every time you spend 2 action points you accumulate the allotment of movement points with which you may spend one movement point at a time.
    So you could spend 4 action points for 2 times 4 movement points to get 8 and then use D/buffer. If you are super lucky and you roll :.::.::.: and every die face has :2::3::3: you may spend :3::3::3::3::3::3: to gain three more movement points for a total of 11 movement points. In short there is no limit to the movement points that you can accumulate.

Damiel, DeadlyOcean and -V- like this.
  8. DeadlyOcean

Great! Thanks a lot!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation