1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laser-Cut Terrain Plans

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by EccentricOwl, Feb 15, 2018.

1. EccentricOwl

EccentricOwl Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey all. I've been hard at working using my local Makerspace; they have a laser-cutter and it's been an absolute blast and super useful to getting our local Infinity group going.

I've got a few designs I can finish up and share (when I get around to it!) but for now, I'm interested in anyone else's recommendations for plans. I'm not much of a designer of laser-cut terrain; I'm bad at eyeballing it in CorelDraw and I don't know how people use other tools like CAD to design their buildings.

I recently found out that https://www.patreon.com/marchen isn't going to be making further MDF / lasercut plans. (I understand, that's no big deal.) As such, I'm curious if anyone else can point me to sources of laser-cut plans. I have the Deep-Green-X plans from the old forum, and they are awesome.

2. lord_dri

lord_dri Imperial PanO Commander

Hi mate,

Im currently working on starting a scenry terrain business. As a model maker and gamer adicted to laser cutting i suggest trying to get a hold of rhinoceros 5 or even autocad.

rhino5 is a 3D design program, so you can work in 2D like autocad but also give some thickness to your design and see how they are going to end or join together.

this 2 images are an example of it.

You can also search for ideas adding sci fi to any search and start working with planes and simple joins. then start adding difficulties to your design.

Attached Files:

timberfox and EccentricOwl like this.
  3. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

Thingiverse, which is mostly a 3d printing repository, has a good amount of laser cutter plans.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation