1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladders (and more) with Galvanized Steel

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by GingerGiant, Apr 5, 2018.

1. GingerGiant

GingerGiant Well-Known Member

I recently learned that Galvanized Steel Sheets can be purchased from Amazon. If you magnetize your minis' bases, there are some neat things you can do with Galvanized Steel Sheets.

First and foremost, you may be familiar with this image from the Infinity Wiki:
    [​IMG]
    By cutting a strip of Galvanized Steel to the approximate dimensions of the ladder of any Scenery Pack and attaching it on the inside of the building (aligned to the ladder printed on the exterior), your magnetized minis can climb the ladders just like the diagram. Cool! Just make sure the building is weighed down in the event a Szalamandra or fireteam decides to scale it.

You can also use steel in the crafting of your own scratch steel ladders, or on slopes and other precarious surfaces so as to minimize Wobbly Model Syndrome. Heck, if you "steel" an entire building, you can have a lot of with magnetized Climbing Plus models. You can also throw down some loose magnets to affix two steeled buildings together.

If you're crafting buildings with playable interiors, another way to use steel is in removable roofs. With a steel roof, magnetized minis won't change position if the roof needs to be set aside to resolve an order inside the building. You can also use magnets to secure the roof to the building.

Got any other neat tricks or inspiration for magnets and steel? Please share them!

2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I use old ducting offcuts (around here at least, they use gal. iron sheeting for it. I learned how to cut and fold it in high school metal shop) in my WHFB army regiment trays (the figures are magnetised, they just stick to it).
    I got the offcuts from a local builder when he was doing up his house.

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation