1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Krakots in Ariadna? Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Randomcallsign, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

In my local meta there happen to be several players who almost always bring one or two of the SMG-toting bad boys to the table. They seem great and worth their points cost but I've had trouble working them into any Vanilla Ariadna lists.
    Most of the time I seem to want one I just take an Irmandinho or a Scotts Guard double SMG instead.
    Any thoughts on tactics or synergy on how to effectively sneak these guys into a list?

I suppose I'm further hamstrung by the fact that the difference in appearance of the models is so jarring to me on the table.

TIA.

2. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

Krakots are indeed very costefficient and a godsend for expensive factions like YuJing or CA because they grant an inexpensive regular with lots of field pressure. But due to their lack of Smoke Grenades they are almost defenseless against any dedicated ARO units with long range firepower like Hexa Sniper, Intruder Sniper, TR bots or any kind of Fireteam with heavy weapons and so on. So I'd never consider them an autoinclude for any faction. For Ariadna, especially Vanilla, they are still very good, but so far I never had a reason to pick one outside of Looting and Sabotaging. We have stronger and/or cheaper options with Dogwarriors, Desperados, Highlanders, Irmadinhos etc.

3. Randomcallsign

Randomcallsign Well-Known Member

That was my logic as well. I had been working on a list for an upcoming escalation league mission requiring DA CC weapons to take out a console but I'll settle on vanilla's multitude of infiltrating D charges.
    For the points I think I'd almost always rather take the Desperado for smoke and the speed to get into a position to model swap with my opponent.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation