1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kosmoflot advise

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by D_acolyte, Jan 19, 2021.

1. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

I am looking at playing my first game of kosmoflot and they look to me like TAKs little brother.
    Any advice on what I should try or does that sort of sum them up?

2. SpectralOwl

They don't have quite as much ranged punch or sneaky options as TAK does, but are annoyingly strong at close-to-medium range and have every single unbalanced Character option Ariadna's got. You'll be heavily reliant on Core Links and good dice to clear sniper lanes, but I don't think even Caledonia matches their offensive power up close. You've also got Parachutist:DZ and Superior Infiltration in that Character mix, so your opponent will have to waste a lot of firepower just keeping you out of their DZ on Order 1.

D_acolyte likes this.
  3. D_acolyte

Thanks. That is a little different but not by much of what I was thinking.
    Unknown Ranger is a slightly shorter range Vet Kazak, relevant stats being bs and arm in this are not even different and both have negatives to being hit, nwi and shock immune. So if you wanted to run something like the Vet in a core of Line you could.
    They lack tank hunters autocannons (though the ap hmg was great when I played vanilla) and spetsnaz with there great hmgs but get 2 respectable to good snipers. For something like the tank hunter you would have to go to the Scot Guard 2nd battalion.
    There mid field game is a bit weaker with SAS instead of scouts and streloks but you will never put out the same amount of cammo (streloks are crazy good with this).
    To be honest I think the character list they have is crazy strong, possibly too strong. Wallace may be a trap in most because there is not that much irregular.
    Just notice Kosmoflot has 2 hmg in the force, so for long range you are really reliant on snipers and missiles.

4. Bellyflop

Bellyflop Well-Known Member

The Unknown Ranger has the advantages of MSV1 and Tactical Awareness, which makes him overall better than a core linked Vet Kazak.
    Kosmoflot mid game is on par or stronger than TAK. TAK can get more markers, but what is under the Kosmoflot markers are more powerful. Plus there are AVA 5 Rokots with shotguns.

In general Kosmoflot is a shorter range version of TAK, but it has more ways to start closer or get closer. Uxia can throw smoke from the midfield. The bear is 6-4 move and throws smoke on 19's. A core of 4x Varangians + UKR throws 2 smoke templates on 20's that the UKR can shoot through. Then once everything is dead the UKR can push a button. SAS FO's are much stronger than Strelok FO's. SAS have d-charges, CC22, MA2, and Terrain: Total for 1 point more than a Strelok FO. SAS also have true infiltration. It is also easier to pack your list with characters, which is good for Panic Room. Also now with the FAQ changes if you really want you can have a core team that can Berserk.

TAK is more long range + sic 'em with dogs. Kosmoflot is more mid to short range + bash their heads in with Bears or D-charges.

D_acolyte likes this.
  5. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

I find kosmoflot the strongest in all Ariadna sectorials. I am waiting CB to release new SAS units. SAS are unique units with strong CC skills, dcharge and template weapons.

6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

SAS only need mines to be the perfect Skirmisher

elmo likes this.
  7. D_acolyte

Thank you all.
    I do have one question that seems odd to me: Polaris Team vs Bearpode. It seems to that the Polaris Team is more useful or that the single Bearpode should be cheaper then the one with the controller. I would have thought the bearpode in the team would be a peripheral like the antipodes assault pack or pupetica but that does not seem to be the case. When or why would you take one over the other or are they both just outshined by the someone else as a flanker/attack model?

8. Bellyflop

Bellyflop Well-Known Member

Personally I always reach for the Team Polaris.

Team Polaris :
    Regular means the bear can gain cover
    2 models for 32 points
    Regular grenades on top of smoke grenades

Bearpode :
    Has a damage 16 Heavy Shotgun.
    You probably want to use the impetuous and irregular order on itself anyway
    Only takes up 1 slot, which can be a pro or a con
    If you are running Wallace you can convert that irregular to regular

I like to use the bear as a near guaranteed smoke thrower who then introduces a hammer to enemies who move into the midfield.
    The irregular bear is more of a traditional missile. DMG 16 templates are no joke.

HotFreshTofu and D_acolyte like this.
  9. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

I think you should always pick Team Polaris first, and solo bearpode second if you want additional chonk. (though I prefer duroc and margot).

Unknown ranger is currently an S tier unit for me. I would take him every single time, and probably always linked in Kosmoflot. even solo he is good if you have some other good link team idea.

KF is a good all around sectorial, but I currently prefer Vanilla ariadna.

@D_acolyte

not sure I agree with your assessment of wallace. I like to run 2 Irmandihos and a Warcor in group 2 with team polaris. Get lots of value out of wallace's abilities. here is my favourite KF list.

V.2.0
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]4
    UNKNOWN RANGER AP Spitfire, Chain-colt / Heavy Pistol, T2 CC Weapon. (1 | 47)
    WALLACE (Lieutenant) T2 Rifle(+1 Dam), Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    VARANGIAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    S.A.S. (Forward Observer) Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    S.A.S. (Forward Observer) Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse, D-Charges / Pistol, AP + Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 21)
    Equipe Mirage-5 undefined / undefined. (2 | 66)
    [​IMG] MARGOT AP Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 37)
    [​IMG] DUROC Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    ZENIT-7 (Chain of Command) AP Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 32)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    POLARIS TEAM undefined / undefined. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] CONTROLLER Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] POLARIS BEARPODE Chain Rifle(+1 Dam, +1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon, Trench-Hammer. (0 | 23)
    IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse ( ) / Stun Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I'd take UKR as a Varangian Harris, then sth else as 3-man core or full - volkolak hmg is the prime candidate

11. D_acolyte

@HotFreshTofu
    The reason I think Wallace may be a trap is because I reactively sticking him into the list for the wip 15 and I was not using the irregulars. For me out of the 8 possible irregulars models I would put in 2. Duroc which is going to use his and a Cateran which will probably use it. I have not used Irmandihos or the lone Bearpode yet. I will sometimes use a warcor but 35 pt to get a wip 15, obvious LT, and 1 irregular that I would not want that model to use turned to a regular does not seem worth it. A trap for one person may not be a trap for others.

12. mightymuffin

mightymuffin Well-Known Member

I've played CHA a lot under N3, so know Wallace Lt pretty well, and he actually does more than make Irregulars into Regulars, so dismissing him in Kosmoflot simply because it doesn't have much Irregular is - IMHO - underselling him.

The Holy Knight and HotFreshTofu like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation