1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keisotsu pack and colour scheme!!

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by punbak, Jul 7, 2018.

1. punbak

punbak New Member

hi!!i was assembling today my keisotsu-kempei pack....and i found a single bit like a backpack in the hacker bag...but i dont know where the hell goes!!! hhaha some help please!
    oh! any recomendations to jsa colours? not the tipical red white! oh i play yu jing too, then orange is not an option! thanks!!

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It goes on the hacker's back, over the middle strap on his back.

punbak likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I painted my Keisotsu (the old ones, mind you) with Vallejo Model Color 923 Japanese Uniform WW2 hakama, VMC 914 Green Ocher** armor, VMC 988 Khaki for the shirt and trousers you can see in the gap on the hakama, and VMC 940 Saddle Brown boots. Looks a lot like the Keisotsu sketch in HSN3.

Then I did a small red&white shoulder pad, to tie them together with my red&white Domaru, Haramaki and O-Yoroi.

The Kempeitai I painted like a Keisotsu, then painted the hooded cloak like the Shinsengumi, VMC 841 Andrea Blue with white triangles at the bottom. Note that painting white means starting with a color like VMC 907 Pale Grayblue (a pale, sky blue used for the undersides of WW2 Luftwaffe airplanes) and highlighting that with VMC 918 Ivory, not pure white. Pure white is way too stark unless you just do a small spot of it.

Bikes I painted in red with a white patch on the tank, riders were black with white armor and a gloss black faceplate on the helmet.

** It's called green ocher, but it's a close match to the WW2 German dunkelgelb, aka Dark Yellow, painted on vehicles. It's not as green as VMC 882 Middlestone, and less yellow than VMC 978 Dark Yellow. Comparison because I play Flames of War and had the colors for Germans.

punbak likes this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You should probably buy yourself a small notebook for your paint recipes, especially if you mix paints. You put a swatch of each raw color and a swatch of each mixed color, plus the actual mix %. The reason I was able to tell you what colors I used is because I used a paint notebook. I painted my Keisotsu probably 10 years ago. But because I have the notes I can either touch them up or paint more.

Xeurian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation