1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keisotsu Box in N4

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by jahzir, Oct 19, 2020.

1. jahzir

jahzir Member

So I never did pick up the Keisotsu Box. Now that N4 is out how do people feel about the value of the box? Is it worth picking up now with the changes of N4? Or will the options in the box still not be viable?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

You want the Kempei with a Shock MMR and maybe the Keisotsu HMG. The missile has never been fantastic since Uprising, and the hacker both got better (due to hacking being better) and worse (due to losing Supportware).

Savnock likes this.
  3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

still a solid box. Shock MMR is really decent supported by 4 keisotsu.
    Not sure i get the hate for the missile - just the opposite for me in fact. 14 points is a solid bargain for a b2 BS13 reactive missile. Keisotsu link wants to be as cheap and as annoying as possible and the missile is a perfect choice for that.
    the hmg i can take or leave. I'll probably never bring the hacker now though, supportware + Rui Shi was his sole purpose.

4. Catspaw

Catspaw Well-Known Member

I personally don't worry too much about the actual sculpt loadouts, but more about having enough units for full flexibility. The fact that Kempei are now wildcards makes it much more likely that I'd be running more than one, which is a good reason to grab the Keisotsu box. If you only have the three Keisotsu from the JSA box, I think having a couple more is definitely worth it too.

5. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It's mostly about opportunity cost for me. The I feel like that SWC could instead be invested in something else that survives for more than one order. A B2 BS13 missile with no mods, no armor, and one wound was barely an option in N3, and looks even less scary with the firepower levels we see across the game in N4. The HRL Ryuken looks way more competitive against it with its newfound ODD.

6. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

so often in jsa are our active turn pieces swc-lite (ryuken-9, oni, ninja, daiyokai, any of the characters) swc is usually a non problem for me when list building jsa. besides, having an entire link team taking up that big of a footprint without contributing some type of overwatch is really a waste - also dont forget about the sixth sense 2 it has.
    While I like the ryuken HRL (seriously, why not both?), he still kind of suffers from the same problem in N3 - he eats up ava from the other one. While having 2-1 is much more of a viable option now, sometimes I still would just rather have the third forward deployer.

7. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I've been using Keisotsu a bit in N4, and their uses haven't changed that much. Mostly I agree with @meikyoushisui 's summary, but I would disagree about the HMG.

Our ranged shooting options in JSA have always sucked, and if you don't have another decent shooter to solve problems at 16-32" and you have spare SWC, a Keisotsu HMG is a good backup plan to have around. They are also decent ARO pieces for covering a flank, when you don't need to use them in the active turn.

The value of Keisotsu also goes way up in lower-points games. If you ever play a 200 or 150 game for fun or in low-points-format tourneys/slow-grow leagues/whatever, more grunts with guns is always a helpful thing to have.

wuji likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation