1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kazavon's Caledonian Highlanders in Novvy Cimmeria

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Kazavon, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Kazavon

Kazavon Uxia McNeill's #1 Fan

[​IMG]

Hi there!

Ever since the end of Wotan last year and the special campaign I saw the Ariadnan factions go on, I've wanted to participate in the online campaign. It really helped that Caledonia fits me to a T and I fell in love with the faction! Doing battle reports is really fun for me and it's a great way to spend creative energy, and I spend a lot of time on them hoping that other people can get some enjoyment out it and I can capture what makes Infinity fun-- those clutch plays, those mysteriously bad dice results, the narrative bleeding through into the mechanics as weird and dumb and so very cool stuff happens. I hope you like them!

I present to you the saga of my Caledonian Highlander Army as they go fighting 'round Novvy Cimmeria!

•Skirmish II: Fagh a Ballagh - Annihilation - In which Kornak Gazarot and a Cameronian go head-to-head in the final round.

•Skirmish III: Dileas gu Bas - Frostbyte - In which a Fireteam: Duo of Su-Jian run wild on a Limited Insersion CHA group, but meet their match: A single Scots Guard.

•Skirmish IV: Airaghardt - Paradiso - In which I score 9 OP and lose to my opponent's 10 OP. Wait, what?

•Skirmish V: Nemo me Impune Lacessit
    - Armory - In which the Morats come back with a vengeance!

•Skirmish VI: Imigh sa Diabhal - Paradiso - In which my opponent scores 7 OP but I win with 10 OP. Wait, what?

•Skirmish VII: Who Dares Wins - Annihilation - In which I face an ARM 8 Mobile Brigada's boarding shotgun... with an ARM 6 Isobel McGregor?

•Skirmish VIII: Deas gu Cath - Safe Area - In which a Highlander Grey goes Dogged and goes on a 10 order rampage.

•Skirmish IX:
    Dìoghaltas - Comms Center - In which everybody gets wiped out, but one lucky SAS turns the tide.

•Skirmish X: Si vis Pacem ... - Paradiso - In which a fireteam of Volunteers forces 8 Kuang-Shi to whole-order climb into LoF.

•Skirmish XI: ... Para Bellum - Annihilation - In which a Highlander Grey must CC a Kempeitai in a smoke grenade or face defeat.

•Skirmish XII:
    Blàr an Inntinn - Top Tier Hunting Party - In which I learn that 400pt Tournament games aren't the best place to try to take pictures for Kurage Crisis...
    Honorable mention:

•Skirmish I: Prologue to Kurage - In which I was still figuring out how I wanted to do everything for this year's campaign. Consider it a beta version of my later battle reports!​

I hope you enjoyed my battle reports and thank you for reading! ​

cazboab likes this.
  2. Kazavon

3. Kazavon

Another addition:

•Skirmish XV: Claidheamh-mòr - Safe Area - Where I learned that you have a 21% chance to win the face-to-face if you're shooting a Burst 5 HMG with a BS of 1

4. Kazavon

Last update and an end to my narrative.

•Skirmish XVI: Auld Lang Syne - Duban Firefight - Where a single extremely well-placed Scots Guard Missile Launcher has very powerful reprecussions.

But if you'd like to see more of my stuff... here's the local tournament games I played in yesterday!

•Skirmish XVII: Fuasgladh - Unmasking - Round one of three against my good friend and ally Chainsaw!
    •Skirmish XVIII: Puirt Aon-Dhà - Looting and Sabotage - Round two of three against my new friend Hellball!

•Skirmish XIX: Sgaoileadh - Supremacy - Round three of three against the author of our Paradiso campaign rewrite and friend Jollyrogers!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation