1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaplan's what are used for? QK

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by CalamarRojo, Mar 12, 2021.

1. CalamarRojo

CalamarRojo je veux être calife à la place du calife

I have several kaplans since previous edition and now.. i cant find how to use them in QK specially because mostly the djan is much better and the lack of wildcards (well, the three named character and nothing else).

So, do you have any idea of how to use them?

2. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

In general gaming I can't find a use for them. I find they are mostly for specific scenarios.
    • Linkable Engineer (upgrade from najjarun or Cordelia)
    • Anti-Material (Wild Bill Multi-Pistol/Contender, and M-Sniper)
    • Adhesive launcher
    Their main selling point in an all comers list is the linkable adhesive launcher, but that loses its shine quickly. I trimmed these out of my collection just because I rarely play scenarios that need them.

CalamarRojo likes this.
  3. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

At tge very least they are still one of my favorite engineer options in haqq. Also mimetism bs12 link with fancier-ish weapons aint too shabby. But also i havent really played any n4 yet so im just going off of previous experience.

Errhile likes this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I like them but these days linking 20+pt LI with no cheaper options feels a little sad aye

Someone suggested that Alguaciles and Mobile Brigada be allowed to link with the mercs in QK (Druze and KTS) with a max of 2 Alguaciles and 1 MB going into the team, and I like that a lot myself. I feel like that would be great for QK. But I live in hope for a brush-up for QK if and when they get new sculpts and such. A Haqq Code One release with a QK action pack!

5. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

A mix merc fireteam would make a nice alternative to djzanbzan.

6. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I like to think so. I thought it looked like a good idea.

I would like a new troop profile or two for QK though, that'd be nice. Oh well. They aren't in a bad spot, and they probably do just need a refresh, some adjustments to links.

7. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

I would do terrible things for Kaplan+Brigada+Alguaciles linkability in QK. I see the treatment Kaplans got in WhiteCo and comparing them to QK feels downright painful.
    That said, Rouhani+Bill+Spitfire is a nice unhackable Haris with two tough NWI models including a pretty damn reliable Doctor that can heal himself and Bill from NWI. Spitfire is great for mid-range engagements while Bill would tear anything to shreds from up-close. They do face some rough competition against a brand new N4 Janissary Haris with an HMG, a Sekban, and Leila, and for a comparable pricetag, you can also get an Azra'il in a duo.

Alternatively, you can try using a long-range MSR Haris that stacks Mimetism modifiers quite well with long-range (you can include two regular Blitzen guys to make it a three-man Mimetism ARO link if you really want to). I haven't had a chance to try a cheaper HRL Haris and I'm not that sure if it's worth it with three dice on BS 12 and no good way of leveraging the range bands.

CalamarRojo and Solar like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation