1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaldstrom, C1, N4 - bad news, we've been lied to, again

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Predictably, we shouldn't have believed Bostria's assurances.
    - high chance we will see new sculpts mixed with old in C1 boxes

- most importantly, remember how Bostria and the boys claimed N4 comes with everything at once, by design? Turns out that not happening, we are NOT getting all armies at once in N4 in August, the rollout will be in waves, some current sectorials will be left out for an unknown time, not sure if they will come in at all or when

I said time and again that CB are doing too much at once and not communicating enough about their limitations. That we have to find out such huge news third hand from a remote seminar in Moscow that wasn't even recorded is ridiculous.

So, my MRRF or my Tohaa might be unplayable on day one of N4. Fucking awesome news there, guys. I have less than half a year to play my favourite army and then what?

:angry::-1:

upload_2020-3-8_22-26-19.png

FatherKnowsBest, Ariwch and csjarrat like this.
  2. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

Holy moly, it's a game! Play it... or don't. Why do they need to communicate their intentions. I don't ask my microwave manufacturer to tell me what's coming down the pipe.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the rules. If they're great (and I think they will be), I'll play it... or move on to something else. C'est la vie!

Cthulhu363, Aemaru, Unwol and 11 others like this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Holy moly, it's a game that I've invested a significant amount of time and money into! Buy me a new N4 compatible army, get it painted to a nice standard and spend time teaching me how to play it. Or don't assume I'm overreacting because the investment I've made into the hobby is getting tossed!

Jeebus!

4. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

No, it's not an investment. An investment is what we're losing as coronavirus kills the stock market. Buying/building/painting models is fun! Do you track the relative value of your tohaa on a daily basis? And how do you quantify the value of an artichoke? This post is silly. Thanks for the posting the update - I'm certainly interested in the news - but pretending you've been lied to is silly.

Unwol, Foxep, bakuninunbound and 5 others like this.
  5. Nuada Airgetlam

Way to cherry pick the meaning of "being / having invested into something". It's not the fucking stock market, it's my time, money and effort. I will have neither use of those that I've already spent nor the fun I would have out of that investment, what's so hard to pick up on here?

It's great that you don't mind. Stop telling me I shouldn't because you don't. I bloody mind that the presence of the likes of MRRF or Tohaa will be most likely delayed, if not threatened, in half a year. That's a bloody fucking problem.

#5 Nuada Airgetlam, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Not even taking into account that this morsel of info has been translated how many times at this point, and is based on one person’s recollection of the event... oh, wait, we’re gamers on the Internet, have to get the pitchforks and torches. Could it be true? Perhaps. Could it be false? Also perhaps. Is it a glitch in translation and communication? Almost certainly.

7. Nuada Airgetlam

I'm 12 days from having to pull the trigger on a Defiance Platinum pledge and with how little capacity CB apparently has to complete their scheduled tasks and keep the promises they're so happy to make and then expect the community to smooth the backlash over for them, because they don't even have a semblance of a social media team.
    • first Aristeia and N3 slowed down releases
    • then Defiance showed up
    • then Defiance got delayed
    • then C1 and N4 showed up on the horizon promising full N4 at release with "We wIlL NoT MaKe tHe mIsTaKe wE'Ve mAdE WiTh n3 AnD AlL FaCtIoNs aNd sEcToRiAlS WiLl bE AvAiLaBlE In n4 FrOm dAy oNe!"
    • then C1 will be just 4 factions at start
    • then N4 will not be complete at release and some factions may be delayed / cut
    What's next? Defiance gets delayed until August or further for 1st wave, past New Year's for 2nd wave because of the holiday shipping rush? How the fuck am I to trust CB with my money if they keep failing to keep a promise, one after another and keep failing to communicate about those failures and we need to find out from fans who went in person to fucking Moscow?

8. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Looks like your sense of involvement is too high, to the level of victimizing yourself. I understand little why you're so upset, but it ain't cool.

Yog.0, Cthulhu363, Aemaru and 9 others like this.
  9. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

10. Nuada Airgetlam

Or I'm annoyed beyond measure with CB's conduct as a company. I love the game but hate their lack of standards. And now this lack of standards will likely keep me from playing because I play those factions that are most at risk of being delayed / dropped.

But sure, go on and excuse every single misstep from CB. Telling me I'm victimising myself is a full bore Stockholm syndrome. You will apparently excuse anything and never demand quality and reliable communication.

FatherKnowsBest and Seraphin like this.
  11. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Come on bro don't pretend you don't know what he means by investment here. Tactical nihilism and context denial are shitty ways to argue.

12. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

This feels strongly like a 'wait for Monday in Spain' situation. Given the different languages spoken and other messaging to date, Occam's Razor suggests a fairly simple miscommunication.

13. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm not gonna make excuse to their missteps, and I'm glad to hear that you'll be away from the game. Hope you be well.

Teslarod, Sungwon and ObviousGray like this.
  14. Nuada Airgetlam

Usually I'd be all inclined to do that. With how everything Bostria recently says turns out to be some shade on untrue, I've been burned a few times too many.

Hence my less than cheerful attitude.

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nice snide snipe there. No such luck, I have more minis.

16. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Without seeing the video, don't confuse "boxes" with "releases". The O12 and CA boxes for example, will probably be the "army packs" with the Wildfire minis, old sculpts. ALso lots of repacks with CodeOne branding. We knew this. There will also be new sculpts and rescuplts, we knew this too...

Rules, yes. No rules split across two book releases. Sectorials, not sure they said they'd all be released on Day1. It'll be a shame if they don't get most of them done for release, but I don't know that it was promised. It will hinder the game if old players suddenly become disenfranchised, more of a problem than CodeOne's limited release armies given it's geared towards newer folks.

Going to the facebook post to see the larger image of the first part, it's only refering to CodeOne releases, so I wonder if the information about limited releases was for CodeOne (the stuff we already knew) rather than N4, guess we'll see!

The picture does show the CodeOne maps having 3 different sizes, so that's nice!

#16 Vocenoctum, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Unwol, DukeofEarl, Sedral and 4 others like this.
  17. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

As I've said before, the issue is that you're always posting this way, so it sort of loses it's impact. It's not "hey, that long time player is pissed" it's "Oh, another post from Nuada with claims of lies that are ruining his game". Plenty of folks probably think you picked Tohaa and MRRF just because they were most likely to get screwed over.

Relax a little, and the discussion might focus on what is wrong or right rather than debate about you and maybe CB will read it.

Cthulhu363, daszul, Stuffist and 6 others like this.
  18. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

Cb ''has put too much meat on the fire'', and it is absolutely unable to handle such a thing. Cb is a small company, contrary to the competition,it made big plans without having the means to carry them out.
    CB it should have devoted itself solely to n4 for this year, subsequently it would have thought of code one.
    These are the results, two project both incomplete.

19. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

CB should get ahead of this one. Whether misinterpreted or misspoken it is best to answer if everything is coming out with N4, slightly afterwards, in waves, and if in waves what are old forces considered (illegal or still legal to play in tournaments?). Need a few more answers but it's a big oof right now (been getting a few of those in the past few years from CB).

If N4 forces are coming out in waves and ones not released with N4 are illegal for tournament play... yikes. Yeah, some here might go "play the ones that are legal." Nah, I'm not some pewter addict and I don't like every faction in the game. I would like to play what I have in hand and not shell out cash for something I don't want. Yes, one could wait for the force to become legal but for some they'll just ditch the game and go to one that the factions they have are already supported in (gamers be fickle like that).

It might not have super big impact on casual play but it will have an effect. There might be some very big balance and power differences between N3 factions and N4 factions. Guess you could just still use N3 but you'd be missing out on fixes, balances, and changes that N4 could be bringing to the table.

20. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Some people were worried about Code One splitting the community, if this is true we will have a three-way split.

N4, N3 and Code One.

Urobros, Modock, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation