1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just started Tohaa, looking for list advice.

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Strapingyunglad, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Strapingyunglad

So as the title says I’m new here and just wanted to run a list by all of you nice people!
    By now I have played three games using mostly what comes in the 300 point battle box plus a few extra things. So far I’ve just picked up the GAO Rael pack and our spec ops model but obviously I’m wanting to get a few more toys. Now I have stared to mix things up a bit but I’m not sure my head is in the right place. Please find bellow my attempts at list building. And by way of explanation I have been playing aleph for a while so not 100% noob.

[​IMG] Tohaa──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3[​IMG] NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)[​IMG] SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)[​IMG] SAKIEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)[​IMG] GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)[​IMG] GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)[​IMG] KAMAEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)[​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)[​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)[​IMG] MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)[​IMG] CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1 [​IMG] KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)[​IMG] KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)[​IMG] JÄGER Submachine Gun + E/Mitter / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (0.5 | 18) 4.5 SWC | 296 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

Here is what I’m thinking. Basically I have put together three different triads with three different purposes. Triad 1 is my “run three annoying hard to kill people up the center to be annoying” team. They will have both Symbiomate and Symbiobombs for extra effect. I have been using Neema and I find her fun for what she does but not exactly married to her. The sukeul is there to be a sukeul and that is what she does. I was going with kamael medic but had the points to upgrade and thus Sakiel. This team is here to soak wounds and take names!

Next we have the reactive group. They sit on a roof with prone medic in tow for extra annoyance.

Next up is the makaul death march, similar use as the LT triad but more suicidal. (Making the opponent sweat is a good thing)

Then we have the odd smattering of solos. Pokémon trainers bring Pokémon, protect the back line and give Neema the freedom to die as she sees fit. Clipsos for objective grabbing/surprise shots. Lastly the my main man cube jager! Seriously I know some don’t like him but come on. Tohaa access to excellent troops makes us a bit jaded. He may not be gold but he takes silver any day.

And there we have it! See any big holes? As I said tohaa are new to me and I’m trying not to continue getting stomped...

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  2. Strapingyunglad

Damn, why does my list look like that! I’ll see what I can do.

3. Strapingyunglad

[​IMG] Tohaa - Idk Boit That (296/300 | 3.5/6)

Group #1 | 10 Models | [​IMG] 10 [​IMG] 0 [​IMG] 3

[​IMG] Gao-Rael Sniper Rifle | Sniper Rifle, Pistol / CCW (31)
    [​IMG] Kamael Paramedic | MediKit, Combi Rifle, Pistol / Knife (14)
    [​IMG] Neema Breaker Combi Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Advanced Command, Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser, Viral Pistol / Shock CCW (46)
    [​IMG] Sukeul Missile Launcher | Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun, Pistol, Breaker Pistol / Knife (36)
    [​IMG] Sakiel Paramedic | MediKit, Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades, Pistol / Knife (20)
    [​IMG] Clipsos Observer | Forward Observer, Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (25)
    [​IMG] Makaul DA CCW | Eclipse Grenades, Heavy Flamethrower, Pistol / DA CCW (13)
    [​IMG] Makaul DA CCW | Eclipse Grenades, Heavy Flamethrower, Pistol / DA CCW (13)
    [​IMG] Makaul Viral CCW | Eclipse Grenades, Heavy Flamethrower, Pistol / Viral CCW (13)

Group #2 | 3 Models | [​IMG] 2 [​IMG] 1 [​IMG] 0

[​IMG] Kaeltar SymbioBomb Shotgun | SymbioBomb (2), Flash Pulse, Light Shotgun, Pistol / Electric Pulse (15)
    [​IMG] Kaeltar SymbioMate Shotgun | Chain of Command, SymbioMate (2), Flash Pulse, Light Shotgun, Pistol / Electric Pulse (21)
    [​IMG] Jäger SMG | Submachine Gun, E/Mitter, Pistol / Monofilament CCW (18)

[​IMG] Open in MayaNet

Better?
    EDIT: MayaNet for the win!

4. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

It's a good list with capabilities across the board. A few things I might do differently but that reflects my playstyle and not your list building.

Triad composition. One of the advantages with Tohaa I think is the diversity in Triads. I think the Neema triad and Makauls could be mixed. I would consider putting Neema with 2 Makauls and moving a Makaul into the Missile Launcher Group. That triad will then be able to manage at long range as well as have it's own smoke to move up to objectives or closer range bands if needed.

Makauls with DA might be a source of anti-material but unless you need it for a mission viral certainly has it's advantages. I'd probably switch the makauls to be 2 viral 1 DA.

Double Gao Rael Sniper. It's an interesting mix though again probably a bit overkill. This is probably more my play style. I hear good things about multiple ARO pieces in a single triad however I am almost certain that they can be pie sliced. Once that happens the Gao Rael or whatever defensive piece becomes much less scary. You have the points and SWC for either a Gao Rael Spitfire or Sukeul HMG. Both fill different roles but they do give you a B4 (B5 in triad) in addition to giving you a mid-long range band to engage in your active turn with. Again this would probably mean you'd want to shift around the Triad/composition.

Clipsos in group one is workable but I'd consider switching it to group two for one of the Kaeltar. The chances are you aren't going to alpha strike/grab objectives turn one unless it's supplies. Something is eventually going to die and you will have command tokens to bring it over. The advantage of having one of the Kaeltar in group 1 is the possibility of reforming triads if one a unit goes down. Have it near one of your ARO groups and if they manage to go down you've reformed the link to be an objective grabbing/kill triad.

At the moment group 2 doesn't seem to have anything it would want to spend orders on. Sure the Jager could come in but I see it more as a later turn striker. You also have the Clipsos as well and if you are using them as a later turn objective grabber they are competing for position and orders. They're definitely good to have but think of your overall synergy. You could trade out the Jager for Kaauri SMG, Chaksa HFT/Flamer which both could do something with their orders in turn one. If they die then you haven't lost much and costed your opponent orders.

Goodluck with the games. Tohaa are great fun.

5. Strapingyunglad

That’s why I ask, good Ideas that I wouldn’t have considered. I agree about mixing things up a bit, I’ll swap Neema in with two makauls and give a makaul to the ML triad.

The DA makauls were a mistake, unless I play a mission requiring it they will all be viral.

Switching clipsos to group two is also an idea I think I will implement!

As far as the jager is concerned I think it would be nice to have him grab objectives if the opportunity arises but my main plan for him is two fold. 1 if my opponent has put lots of squishies on the back field he stealths in and tries to strip the pool. 2 even if I don’t have very good targets at the very least I can take him in on his order and just put him in suppression. In previous games playing aleph my simple Garuda shotty always did more than his fair share in similar roles, even though jager doesn’t have mimitism I really want to try him out as I would the Garuda. Psychological factor alone is good enough for 18 pts.

https://goo.gl/images/PDDzrS

And being dead sexy doesn’t hurt either!

6. Strapingyunglad

oh, almost forgot your other point about the GAO triad is a good one, and that gives me a use for the other few points I was trying to spend. I will be swapping one tarsos for a sukeul HMG thanks very much!

7. Strapingyunglad

The modified list.

EDIT: one sec

[​IMG] Tohaa - Idk Boit That (300/300 | 4/6)

Group #1 | 10 Models | [​IMG] 10 [​IMG] 0 [​IMG] 3

[​IMG] Sukeul HMG | HMG, D-Charges, Pistol, Breaker Pistol / Knife (35)
    [​IMG] Kamael Paramedic | MediKit, Combi Rifle, Pistol / Knife (14)
    [​IMG] Sukeul Missile Launcher | Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun, Pistol, Breaker Pistol / Knife (36)
    [​IMG] Sakiel Paramedic | MediKit, Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades, Pistol / Knife (20)
    [​IMG] Kaeltar SymbioBomb Shotgun | SymbioBomb (2), Flash Pulse, Light Shotgun, Pistol / Electric Pulse (15)
    [​IMG] Neema Breaker Combi Lieutenant | Lieutenant, Advanced Command, Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser, Viral Pistol / Shock CCW (46)
    [​IMG] Makaul Viral CCW | Eclipse Grenades, Heavy Flamethrower, Pistol / Viral CCW (13)

Group #2 | 3 Models | [​IMG] 2 [​IMG] 1 [​IMG] 0

[​IMG] Clipsos Observer | Forward Observer, Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol / Knife (25)
    [​IMG] Kaeltar SymbioMate Shotgun | Chain of Command, SymbioMate (2), Flash Pulse, Light Shotgun, Pistol / Electric Pulse (21)
    [​IMG] Jäger SMG | Submachine Gun, E/Mitter, Pistol / Monofilament CCW (18)

[​IMG] Open in MayaNet

8. EpicDiceFail

EpicDiceFail Patron Saint of Horrible Dice

New list looks better.

I've been having good success with 10 order pools and Sukeul Commandos in each Triad. They don't have to all have Heavy Weapons, but get them mid-field suppression and watch your opponent pull his/her hair.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation