1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jump & Climb within normal Movement

Discussion in 'Rules suggestions' started by WiT?, Sep 18, 2022.

1. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Hiya all, I want to suggest a change to the Movement / Climbing / Jumping skills to make them a little simpler and more streamlined.

There are problems with Climb and Jump, notably when link teams are moving and need one member to climb down or something, and also when you want to climb but finish a movement a few mm away from the wall - time to waste an order!

So I'm suggesting something like this;

Climb and Jump can be undertaken as part of a Movement action. Rather than referring to different skills, these terms now refer to different forms of movement, and you can freely switch between the different types of movement during the action. A Jump is movement 'through the air' landing back on the ground. Climbing is moving up walls and the like. Jump and Climb movement cost double the normal amount.

The end result would be Movement like this;

Fusilier Angus is near the bottom of a 2.5" wall and wants to get to the top. He declares MOVE and moves 1" to the base of the wall, and then "climbs" 1.5" up the wall with his remaining movement. With his second MOVE skill he "climbs" another 1" up the wall and then has 3" of standard MOVEMENT at the top.

Five Fusiliers are looking to change locations. One is on near the top of a 4" tall wall, and the others are on the ground. With the first Move skill, the ones on the ground move 4", while the one on the rooftop moves 1" to the edge, and uses his remaining 3 inches of movement to 'climb' 3" down. With the second move, the other Fusiliers move some distance away (probably less than 4" to retain coherency!) while the straggler 'climbs' another 1" down and then moves 2" along the ground.

I'd also probably make models stand vertically while climbing alongside this rule as its simpler and makes more sense to me at least.

Sorry if this has been suggested already as it seems pretty obvious.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation