1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JSA Jotart Paints

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Jotart, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Jotart

Jotart Contratista

Hi there! here you have my little progress with my new army! JSA they have a difficult gameplay for me...(I coming from NCA) but they are fucking awesome!
    I hope you like it! I want to post all of my progress with them
    cheers!
    This is "Yukimura" My first Shikami
    IMG_20171201_165047.jpg
    IMG_20171201_165054.jpg

Reyzah, spykeside, volgo and 13 others like this.
  2. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Just sick, dude. Right on.

Jotart likes this.
  3. maru

maru Well-Known Member

clean youre finger nails , get better white paint
    beside this good work keep coming
    stangle it looks like you got there to fast drying paint .. maybe wet palette ??

Pierzasty and Jotart like this.
  4. Jotart

Jotart Contratista

Thanks!!!
    Hahaha alright, this not the best shot of my nails :(, i want to change this photos for another better shots anyway...
    yes, in some parts the paint dry very fast maybe.

5. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm not sure if I see the issue with his white paint. It looks pretty decent to me.

Jotart and PauloCavalcanti like this.
  6. snikch

snikch Active Member

I like it...the nmm efect is really clean

Enviado desde mi M3s mediante Tapatalk

Jotart likes this.
  7. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Really cool effects on the swords and the red is nicely done as well.

Jotart likes this.
  8. maru

maru Well-Known Member

white made an effect of chalk - good white give a clean effect

9. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I also like it very much. And I also love maru's "diplomatic" answers, haha. Can't wait to see it when I post my JSA stuff here.

Jotart likes this.
  10. Warlock

Warlock New Member

Love the way you painted the sword, and the reflection on the trousers.
    How did you do the scratches on the sword?

Jotart likes this.
  11. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Nicely done!

Jotart likes this.
  12. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

When I was in art school, this was what we were taught.

[​IMG]

When people get criticized without any sort of other feedback, they shut down and you might as well not have commented at all. The only way people listen to what you say is if you deliver the criticism as a whole. I can understand what he's saying, but the delivery unfortunately has the opposite effect on the reader.

I think Maru means well - i've seen his posts on the forum long enough to understand he just wants to help, but i don't know if anyone has ever reached out to show him how to properly deliver a critique.

Belgrim and PauloCavalcanti like this.
  13. maru

maru Well-Known Member

I do not think Jotart need a defenders - yes im not to diplomatic but from my expirience as a former actual art teacher (for 2 years in local youth club )i must say that this "Criticism sandwich " is easy to swallow but person who is adressed remember from it just first and last sentence - completly ignoring everything betwen.
    The thing i may do is to elaborate what i mean :
    so lets c :
    clean youre finger nails : - exacly what i mean - hygene in a workshop is quite important - you do not whant to cut your selve with dirty tool or by actident get a dirt under your nails to the eyes or to the cut - beside clean nail look better on photo , and you can always crop the photo
    get better white paint :- same as easy - get better white paint - all hobby white paints are SHIT - got way to big particles , dry to fast , cover badly , make your brush dirty / dusty and so on - is NOT your foult it is paint - if you whant to get better blendings , strighter lines and cleaner mini when using white -get good white paint - an artistic grade one - like one from schmincke - titanium white or symilar one (avoid Amstardam - thous are good blenders but not a white as a white )
    beside this good work keep coming: again quite easy - post more of your work i would like to c how you improve
    stangle it looks like you got there to fast drying paint .. maybe wet palette ???: yes use wet palette - it helps alot - when you painr with wet paints but end up like aplaing dry brush effect - paint dry to fast and i c this in som of the areas of this mini - like blue reflection on pants , white highlights on black parts
    No worry im honest so i will not troll you or anything like that beside im not commenting in all of topicks, if my input is not necesery or it will not add anything beside "good work" im usualy hold my self from commenting - unless someone asks for CC

14. Jotart

Jotart Contratista

thank you! is really simple. i only did some scratches with white and a little bit of the sword base color in the highlights and thats it!

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation