1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jammers into Engaged CC (and vice versa)

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Vanderbane, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

This came up in our game last night, and it just created all these weird questions and I didn't know the answers. So I’m looking for some of that good old fashioned rules forum clarification. I’ve dug around a bit and I see that a few of these have been answered (sometimes with different conclusions, classic rules forum!), but I thought I’d just put them here together and let people chime in on what they think should happen.

Here’s the hypothetical:

I have a trooper (Ninja) engaged with an opponent’s trooper (Echo Bravo). My opponent's other trooper (Zulu Cobra - for simplicities sake he's not in camo state so no surprise shot concerns) moves into Zone of Control but obviously out of Line of Fire (because my guy is in CC) and attempts to jam my ninja.

Questions

1. Does the Zulu Cobra apply a -6 for firing into CC? (I think the answer to this is yes because it's not a range or cover MOD, but just making sure). If the shot fails by the -6, does the Echo Bravo take the hit from the jam and roll BTS?

2. What options are available for my Ninja to respond to this? All the legal options for engaged in close combat? This presumably has the exception I can’t CC attack, or attack with my pistol in CC (no LoF/not engaged with the Zulu Cobra) Could I declare a reset (presumably at no penalty)? Could I choose to dodge as a normal roll ARO (I don't think so b/c no LoF)? If I can dodge and it succeeds, would I disengage, or would I be stuck in CC with the Echo Bravo still?

3. If it was a hacker making an attack on my ninja, could I reset (presumably if I can above I could still here)? Would there be a penalty (I still think not?) If my ninja was the KHD profile, could it hack back (are any of the ARO-able hacking programs legal in CC and does it matter since I’m not hacking the CC target?)?

4. What if roles were reversed, and my opponent’s Zulu Cobra is in CC with my yuan yuan, and I try to shoot it with my ninja’s combi rifle from within Zone of Control but outside of the engaged close combat. Could he respond by jamming the ninja, or no because it's not useable in CC?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

1. Yes. Jammers get to ignore visual MODs, the -6 to CC isn't a visual MOD (ie cover, Mimetism, TO, ODD, Low Vis Zones, Poor Vis Zones, Zero Vis Zones) it's a specific MOD.
    2. Reset is valid while Engaged and your opponent activates inside your ZOC. There is no penalty to Reset.
    3. As above. Hacking programs are not valid declarations while Engaged.
    4. BS Attack is not a valid declaration whole Engaged, so no he can't Jammer you.

#2 inane.imp, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation