1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've finally bought some stuff

Discussion in 'New Users' started by superfurrymaniac, May 4, 2018.

1. superfurrymaniac

superfurrymaniac New Member

Slightly pointless but it seems legitimate in the new users board, and I felt compelled to share my excitement with somebody.

After many years of floating around the boards, listening to podcasts, watching people play on youtube and a couple of trial games I have finally managed to make a decision and buy some stuff, the Nomad part of Icestorm and Beyond is now in my possession.

Now just a few months to paint the things and then I'm playing.

2. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Nice!

I took my time, too. Why did you choose Nomads?

3. superfurrymaniac

superfurrymaniac New Member

I only had a vague awareness of Infinity prior to N3 which was when I picked up more interest and the Nomads in Icestorm really stood out to me.

I then went through all the factions for models I liked and background (slightly limited to what can be found for units and reading other people's books)

I ended up with a list and just picked the one that hit the most, thought process broadly went:
    Tohaa, love that they're so different, but the biotech and lack of real hacking wasn't quite what I wanted
    JSA, bikes and ninjas cool, but felt a little one dimensional overall.
    Haqqislam, bikes and genetic tech cool, love the background but too much lower tech looking stuff and limited tags.
    Nomads, have everything I want except bikes, background is fantastic.

4. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Tohaa make for an excellent secondary army due to lack of releases. Once you get your main force nailed down it doesn't take much to build a Tohaa army.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation