1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS X - THE GRID - destroying Antenna in ARO

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Ben Kenobi, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

HI, don't know if the rules for THE GRID have changed since Season 9 and in 10 I couldn't find the Answer to my question.

Player A in his active turn moves to an Antenna and tries with his second short skill to aktivate them.
    Player B gets an ARO with an (linked) Missile Launcher. He is shooting blast and the Antenna is within the template.

Who belongs the Antenna when both player succeed and the Antenna is distroyed?

2. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

You have to multiple cases when such a situation happens:

- If the Antenna has not been designated previously by player B, than the scenery structure rules are not applied, as stated in the mission, so it cannot be destroyed.
    - If the Antenna was previously designated by player B, then I would say that is considered designated by player A but considered destroyed by player B.. Reason is that player B can apply the scenery structure rules in that case, so his shoot is not ignored by the Antenna and the resolution is handled simultaneously for player A and B.

The second case seems like an edge case to me and I'm not 100% sure if it was taken into consideration, as the rules for destroying are written in a way that implies that Antennas can only count to be designated and destroyed by the same player at the same time. Maybe @Koni or @HellLois could give a clarification for that case.

3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Sry, you are right, I ment the second case where player B already designated the Antenna.

4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Same here. I don't think player A can prevent any resolution of the interaction between Player B and the Antenna during that Order. If Player A activates the antenna, or dodges, or shoot player B, the results in player B vs the antenna is not affected.

Note that player A can still decide to say, kill the ML before getting close to the antenna. Also, he can count on the odds of Player B leaving the antenna in damaged state rather than destroyed state and Player A can have an easier time doing the finishing blows.

ML in link a team is still Burst 1 (because of saturation, unless you are lucky that the enemy is outside the zone, near your linkteam deployment...) So out of B1 EXP, the antenna have to fail all 3 saves in order to be destroyed. And it is not AP+EXP because you are using template mode. ARM4 will save on a 11+. So 50%, 3 times, is 1 chance in 8 (12%) that you destroy the antenna if you land your hit. Which is your BS + range.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation