1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS tournament lists, need some feedbacks

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by settra88, Jan 19, 2018.

1. settra88

settra88 New Member

Hi Friends! :innocent:

In a couple weeks I'll have a tournament with these missions:

-Transmission Matrix
    -Looting and Sabotaging
    -Supremacy

and with the Limited insertion extra added.

My idea is to have one list for Looting and S. and one for the other 2 missions.

This is the one for Looting:

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] HECTOR Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades + 1 TinBot A / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 71)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Paramedic (Medikit, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Paramedic (Medikit, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] THORAKITES Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] AJAX 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 35)
    [​IMG] PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 40)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] AGÊMA Marksman (X Visor) Mk12 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    [​IMG] THAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Pitcher, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The idea is to stay back for 1/2 turns and try to kill something with phoenix / the agema ( if I don't need him to guard my obj from enemy markers ) while not loosing to many models.
    In turn 2 start to advance with the ajax link and if possible try to destroy the objective with him, on the third turn use hector as an object destroyer if needed.
    The hacker is there to protect with Fairy dust and be annoying cause I expect to see a lot of HI and TAGs with limited inserction.

Second list for zone of control missions:

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] EUDOROS Mk12, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 40)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 35)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 40)
    [​IMG] DIOMEDES Mk12, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 43)
    [​IMG] ATALANTA MULTI Sniper Rifle + TinBot E (Spotter) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This one is easier to understand, one link more close and personal to advance, one more to defend, Atalanta to cover zones and Diomedes to contest / be a rambo.

What do you think? Do you like them? Would you change something? :hearteyes:

Thanks, Ale.

2. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

For looting and sabotaging, you may consider using ekdromoi. With AD, stealth, good PH, MA2 and DA weapons, they are among the best candidates to kill the AC2. It's true you cannot make them the datatrackers, thus "losing" one objective point, but you can very well focus the rest of your forces on defense or midfield skirmishing. Plus they add some sort of surprise element to an army who is otherwise straightforward. As your opponent will know you have ekdromoi, he will be forced to left some of his troops to cover unexpected angles. In limited insertion, that can be quite bothersome.

Problem with Ajax and Hector is, while these two are excellent antimaterial living weapons, they are both predictible and somewhat vulnerable (no ODD, no marker state - which datatracker would forbide anyway). You may very well be throwing your big guys in front of a real fortress and expect them to break through it. If you really want to do it, in my opinion you need eclipse grenade, something you don't have, because you can be certain that except for Ariadna, your opponent will have MSV-2 covering the AC2.

You should perhaps consider taking a long ranged agema (named or not). He can both cover your own AC2 and threaten anything too exposed. As it is, you only have your fireteams as defense. Instead of going to the AC2, your opponent may very well decide to weaken your fireteam by killing 1 or 2 easy targets, thus depriving you of both your attack and defense.

If I had to play vs you (i play vanilla), I would probably let all troops in defense and try to land Diomedes in your back where Phoenix wouldnt have Lof, then proceed to kill some easy targets like SMG thorakites or CR myrmidon in the 40-60 cm range band. If i could go for Hector, that would be the best, since it means you will both lose a link and be in lol state.

#2 Nenyx, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    DukeofEarl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation