1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ITS] Taking Varuna for a spin

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Manit0u, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Manit0u

Manit0u New Member

Hi,

I've had a bit of a long hiatus and wanted to try something new out. There's a small tournament this weekend and I wanted to take Varuna to it. I could use some criticism on my list - unfortunately I won't be able to change it at this time as I've just barely finished priming the models and will only have 2 days to paint them so don't really have much time for last minute changes. In any case, let me know if I went in a good direction or if it's going to end horribly for me as I can barely remember what the missions are about...

The missions for the tournament will be: Countermeasures, Hunting Party, Capture and Protect

Here's the list (entire tournament is limited insertion, which suits me just fine as I prefer to play this way):

Varuna Immediate Reaction Division
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    SQUALO (Armored Cav.) Lieutenant (Varuna Div.)(Fireteam: Duo, Aquatic Terrain) MULTI HMG, Zapper / AP Heavy Pistol. (2 | 94)
    [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    KAMAU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
    ORC (Varuna Div.) (Multiterrain: Aquatic/Jungle, Stealth) HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 45)
    KAMAU (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    ZULU-COBRA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    ZULU-COBRA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Squalo will be dragging the hacker with him, 5 man link team is Fusiliers, ORC and MS Kamau. MS weapons should be good for the missions since they can also fire stun mode. Unfortunately didn't have enough points for a machinist so I filled the list with trauma doc.

Any tips from Varuna veterans are welcome!

Urobros likes this.
  2. Teslarod

Teslarod The Squeeze has not been Sqouze

The new edition, N4, comes out on Friday.
    Better make sure and check with the TO/your friends if the tournament is going to be using N3 or N4.

If N3 you're probably fine for your first game in a while.
    If N4 your HI gets a lot cheaper and you have extra points to upgrade that Squalo into a Cutter or something.

#2 Teslarod, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Lesh' likes this.
  3. Manit0u

Manit0u New Member

It's definitely N3 :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. Drakefall

Drakefall Member

Looks like a perfectly decent TAG list to me. I know my Squalo has done good work for me in the past. Sometimes all you need is is BS15, a big gun, and a dream.

You might have it a bit rough on Capture and protect since you don't have any infiltrators to yoink the dingus and will have to traverse the map to get to it, but if your Squalo kills everytying on the way over then that's all good.

Good luck!

5. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

The list is really well done. It has everything you could need in the tournament. I never thought about the "kamau" hacker going with the Squalo.

6. Death

Death Well-Known Member

If you downgrade the Varuna type Orc HMG to just a normal Orc HMG then you can take a Machinist for your TAG. Though a Doctor has several good targets in this list.

7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower
    Warcor

My biggest concern is that you are missing the Machinist.

I think I would ditch the Jammer for it, PalBots and a bunch of Fusilier upgrades.

I would also seriously consider the ORC Feuerbach instead of the HMG.

barakiel likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation