1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a "typo" on the Señor Massacre character card?

Discussion in 'Soldiers of Fortune' started by Roadrunner7431, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I was looking at the blog announcing the Soldiers of Fortune expansion where the tentative images of the character cards are shown. I do not read or speak Spanish. I began to use the internet to look up the meaning of the attack and actions listed on Señor Massacre's card. There is an action where for one Activity point he may attempt to taunt another character. After the declarative word "Hey!" he uses a word that I learned is about the worst insult a speaker could hurl in Spanish at an opponent. I believe it literally means "ill-birthed" or more explicitly grotesquely malformed from birth. But shouldn't there be the letter "d" in there somewhere. Of course in the heat of the battle when words come spitting out of the mouth, I assume consonants can be dropped. Maybe this is "street Spanish." I assume that the meaning would not be lost in context.

2. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

No, there is not a "typo", it is intended.

Yes, you are right the word "malparío" does not exist in the spanish dictionary and is a ordinary, or as you say "street", way to say "Mal parido".
    Massacre speaks a Spanish from Colombia

3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick reply. It adds "flavor" to the game.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation