1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Brawler LT + Haris an autoinclude?

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by Cannon Fodder, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I'm looking threw my lists, and basically the Brawler Lt is an auto-include due to lack of Lt options. Since I'm basically forced to take that, its almost an auto-include to add a haris because I have the extra guy already. I never really liked having an Lt hiding in back. At least in the haris he's harder to hunt.

What does everyone else do?

csjarrat likes this.
  2. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ikari Company, where I'm sorry to say Lieutenants hiding in the back is our specialty.

I generally embed my LT into my Core fireteam. Here's a couple examples, though you can fiddle with the exact configuration however you like:

TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    BRAWLER Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

TANKŌ Flammenspeer, Contender / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    KEISOTSU Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 9)

If I'm not doing that I generally take a lone Lieutenant and hide them in the most inaccessible place in my deployment zone, spending their Lieutenant order to put them in Suppression Fire as soon as I'm able.

I don't like Brawler Lieutenants in my Haris teams because you get so much more mileage out of the 2xWu Ming + Brawler or 2xTanko + Brawler setups, and the Lieutenant doesn't add anything except liability. The Doctor and MSV2 Sniper do a much better job of rounding out those teams, and the HRL, AHD, and even Engineer have their places as well. The Lieutenant just adds a squishy, obvious weak point to Haris teams that often favor aggressively moving forward.

#2 KestrelM1, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Zakalwe and spears like this.
  3. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

This is what I ran as my hidden Lt. in my last game (Unmasking against JSA). Did quite well as a defensive link, killing 2 Aragoto KHD and grabbing some objectives

Ikari Company
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    KEISOTSU Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 9)
    KEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)

4 SWC | 89 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Sangarn likes this.
  4. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

My Brawler Lt is embedded in a Wu Ming Haris, where her rifle complements a SMG and HMG perfectly. And she brings a shotgun for completeness!

Ikari Company──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]3 BRAWLER Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    WÚ MÍNG (Fireteam: Haris) Chain Rifle, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    WÚ MÍNG HMG / Pistol, Knife.
    (2 | 39) 2 SWC | 80 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

5. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

Something I don't see many people talking about is the value of always having a 12 point bashi in the list. If you go first, chances are you will murder enough to negate most Lt. hunting concerns and you can paratrooper him on as normal. But if you are going second and your opponent looks like they are going Lt. hunting, then deploy your bashi as Lt. decoys in the backfield. Nothing much better than your opponent spending 5 orders to shoot a shadow.

6. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

I like to put my Lt into the core link. Gets you protection and he’s at least not completely dead weight.

For my Wu Ming Haris I prefer the doctor to pick those guys back up if need be.

Though I must say ppl in my meta aren’t familiar with Ikari as I am the only player with them. So likely they don’t all know about the limited choices we have in this regard.

7. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

It looks like a Bashi is now an auto-include in all ikari lists.

csjarrat likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yep. A Bashi hiding in the back disguised as the Lt. is pretty good. But it's not like it's chain of command! I did this and my opponent totally thought it was the Lt. but I got stupid with my actual Lt. and still ended up in LoL!

9. Remnar

Remnar Well-Known Member

Or still toss your LT in the Tanko/Brawler link and grab 2 keisotsu to sit in the back and play cheap cheerleader/LT decoy.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation