1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the -3 BS mod to BS attack from the camo skill optional?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Spinnaker, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Vanguard Officer

Title. My initial assumption is that it is not, because the modifier provided by mimetism is obligatory, and because it's seperated from the rest of the skill by the word "additionally" - i.e it doesn't come from use of the skill so it doesn't matter whether or not you choose to use it.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Can you give some context here? Are you wanting to "turn off" mimetism/camo to make it easier for certain attacks to hit your models?

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's optional, so you can forgo using the MODs when an enemy shoots you. Keeping in mind that you have to do this when MODs are tallied, which is prior to dice rolling.

4. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Vanguard Officer

I've been working on a tool similar to your dice calculator that gives out the average number of wounds/successes from an action instead of percentage chances of success, and I wanted the ability to turn optional skills like marksmanship on/off just to help with getting edge cases. The only actual reason I can think that you'd want to do it is if you needed one of your own models to fall unconscious so you could score a classified

toadchild likes this.
  5. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Shooting your unconcious TO/Camo troopers in hard to reach areas with Medikit. MediKit mentions making a BS Roll with any applicable MODs, icluding cover and Camo.. Though if that's mentioned in the skill, is it really optional, or it's just Infinity being inconsistent again? "You can turn off the Camo if you want, unless you shoot your own guys" or "Yeah, you can always turn off your camo, but we're going to put in a clause that you must apply any MODs to the MediKit shot just in case you want to miss your guys"

6. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Camo is not active while Unconscious anyway.

“Automatic Special Skills and Automatic Equipment have no effect while Unconscious.”
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Unconscious

WarHound, toadchild and chromedog like this.
  7. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Then I'm even more confused. Why mention that Camo MODs are applied in a skill that can only target friendly unconcious troopers.. God damn it, CB.

8. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You could use it on a NWI trooper I guess, in which case turning off the Camo skill would be beneficial!

WarHound, Xeurian and LoganGarnett like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation