1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irmandinhos, peripherals and rules?

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by KGG, Dec 15, 2021.

1. KGG

KGG Well-Known Member

Couple of questions rolled into one here.

- Can the irmandinho take a zondbot peripheral? I’d guess yes.

- How does impetuous rule/order work with a peripheral? Does the bot have to go towards the enemy DZ, or just copy the actions ‘Mov-Mov’ etc?

- What happens if you take two zondbots and spend impetuous order? Does only one follow the controller?

- With an irmandino in the army list and three points to spend, should you go with a zondbot or a warcor? What are the pros and cons?

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

@1 I can't recall any reason they couldn't. A Doctor or an Engineer can have a Zondbot attached. Irmandinho is an Engineer, so this rules requirement is fulfilled.

@2 My guess is yes, has to go towards the enemy DZ. It is being activated with an Impetous Order after all.

@3 My guess is only one follows the controller. IIRC you can't activate more tha one Zondbot in a single activation of the controller.

@3 IMO it heavily depends on whether you do have spare spaces in the army list / Combat Group. also, the overall composition of the list. What do you have on the list that may be needing Engineer's attention (via Zondbot)? Is the Irmandinho your sole Engineer choice (if not, I'd suggest attaching the Zondbot elsewhere)?

chromedog and KGG like this.
  3. Grotnib

Grotnib Well-Known Member

What's pretty cool about attaching a Helper Bot to the Irmandinho is the fact that if the Peripheral and the Engineer stick close to each other while the Irmandinho advances up the field, the Zondbot can throw itself at Mines to clear the way, force AROs on it's first move skill and even provide a +1 Burst Bonus to the Irmandinho's CC21 D-Charge attack in Close Combat! Access to high PH Smoke makes this attack rather feasible to pull off...

Modock, AssaultUnicorn and KGG like this.
  4. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

And
    Impetuous activates the unit without spending order while peripheral can be activated with controller when you spend an order.
    Bold text is in original rules so emphasis on this is already there.

Robock and KGG like this.
  5. Grotnib

Grotnib Well-Known Member

Although it's not entirely clear to me what "If any scenario condition or Skill causes the Controller to gain the Impetuous Special Skill, the Controller's Peripherals will also be affected." means... Affected how? I assume they can no longer receive Partial Cover, but does this also mean they are affected by the Impetuous Activation? If they are, is it the same activation as the model they attached to, or do they have their own Impetuous action to perform?

6. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I seem to recall the N3 conversation went the way of what Amusedbymuse said in conjunction with Grotnib: The peripherals gain the Impetous skill, moving each on their own in the impetuous fase, and then when an Order is spent on the Irmandinho he can also activate ONE of them as the the G:Peripheral rule.

TBH I think that hits all the RAW points.

Robock likes this.
  7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

If impetuous activates without spending orders, then why does impetuous order exists ? ... they don't :upside_down_face:

I don't know why i always thought impetuous models generated impetuous orders which they used during the impetuous phase. But it is wrong.

The Player Turn rule is explicit that you activate them without spending an order. And the Impetuous Skill is careful in saying you activate such and such, and these are your limited short skill option and such and such. Unlike N3, there is no Impetuous Orders anymore. It is not the Impetuous Order that is limiting you to a fixed combination of skill anymore but now it is the bullet points of the Impetuous Skill that is putting up those limitation for the free activation. I never realized that change from N3.

Even the FAQ about AD is worded with Deploying onto the table with the Impetuous activation; and not deploying on the table with their own impetuous order.

8. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

While i never had impetuous servants come up; does the same apply to pupnik and zondmate ?
    This rule is not under Peripheral(Servant), but under Peripheral itself.

Peripheral(Sync) only adds that if you have many peripheral, in this situation, a single order will activate all peripheral(sync). While with Servant you only activate one of your servants.

So the chimera and each pupnik are supposed to impetuously activate, individually, one at a time ! That is quite the change from N3 !

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation