1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Bingo

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by Thaddius, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

I really liked the idea by Tim Hall from an Australian Meta which was to have prizes for unlucky things that happen in game. I think was done as part of the narrative games but I think it's a great way to keep the atmosphere fun and it helps as a bit of a breaker for people who are going through a series of successive bad events.

I recently ran a tournament and ended up with Infinity Bingo. Get a line of unlucky things and get a prize. I only was able to come up with 15 things but I would like to get 24+ to get a full 5x5 grid going. The 3x3 grid may be a bit more achievable though but it would be great to get people's ideas.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to add please feel free to comment/add.

If this is something that you think would work in your tournaments feel free to use it/change/modify. I got a local hobby supplier to sponsor http://www.aetherworks.com.au/ some prizes which was great. Couldn't have been done without them. These are the things I've got so far.

1) Practice Round - Fail to roll any successes while shooting at B4 or more in positive range bands

2) Humiliation - Lose a face to face roll in your active turn when you have stacked -12 mods against your opponent

3) Make it stop –Suffer three crits in a row. Can be suffered as a single or consecutive rolls.

4) Fall on your Sword – Have one of your units loose a close combat engagement against a unit that doesn’t have a close combat skill (MA, guard, Beserk, etc)

5) Dumb and Dumber – Fail three or more WIP roles when trying to roll to complete mission objectives (includes classifieds) in a single turn.

6) So Close –Lose control of an objective on the last order of a game which results in an overall loss of objective points

7) Fatality – Lose a face to face roll to a roll of 1

8) Maybe Next Time – Misjudge the distance of a jump or cautious move by less than ½ an inch.

9) Dumpster Fire - Have your Lieutenant die to fire

10) #TOHAATE – Play Tohaa or against Tohaa

11) Anime Armour Activate – Have an enemy make 4 armour saves in a single or consecutive orders

12) Grunt Work – At the end of any game only have units without any SWC cost remaining

13) POX – Have your doctors/paramedics kill 3 of your own units from failed medikit/doctor rolls in a single game

14) Wolfpunch – Have a friendly model enter a null/dead state due to an unarmed CC attack

15) CS-Sniper Wars – Have a HMG/ML be outranged by a sniper rifle

[​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

Rey and n21lv like this.
  2. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

[​IMG]Critingo by Sergej Faehrlich, auf Flickr

We did something similar this year, and the year before...it's in German unfortunately.

Some of our objectives are just fun: jump from a building and die...recieve 4 AROs in one order...lose 5 models in your passive turn...things like that.

3. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

This is golden, may I borrow the idea for out upcoming event in Riga?

4. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Some ideas for you:
    Your Magic is Useless Here (Tohaa-specific version of Make it stop) - Have a 3-wound model (Ectros, Rasail etc) with an assigned SymbioMate lose its Active Symbiont profile solely to Critical hits.
    Thud - Fail an unopposed Combat Jump or Superior Combat Jump roll with active Controlled Jump Program.
    Bullseye! - Fail an ARM/BTS roll of 9+ (including any MODs).
    He is The One - Have an opponent's model make a successful Dodge with a MOD of -9 or more severe.
    That's XCOM, baby (kinda similar to Fatality, but whatever) - have a model suffer a wound from an attack with a target roll of 3 or lower.
    I Know You're There! - Fail three or more Intuitive Attacks against the same model.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation