1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iNFILTRATION qUESITON

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Azuset, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

INFILTRATE LEVEL 1. INFILTRATION DEPLOYMENT SKILL
    Optional.
    REQUIREMENTS
    EFFECTS

This Level allows the user to choose between two forms of Deployment:

• Option A: During the Deployment Phase and without a Roll, the user may deploy anywhere in his player's half of the game table, but never beyond the middle line.
    • Option B: During his Deployment Phase, the user may deploy anywhere in his opponent's half of the game table except the enemy Deployment Zone. To do that, the user must attempt an Infiltration Roll (Normal PH-3 Roll).
    Does option B mean that a player can make a PH -3 roll to deploy in the enemy DZ or just on the opponents half of the table?

2. Asreon_

Asreon_ Confused bardic artist

Greetings, you just can get into the opponentsĀ“ table half not the DZ, only Impersonators can do this.

chromedog and Azuset like this.
  3. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

He can not deploy in enemy zone. And if he deploys in the enemy half of the table (outside enemy deploy zone), he rolls with the -3

4. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

This is a decent example of somewhat unclear language when looking at it in isolation that could be cleaned up in N4. There are two situations in the first sentence of option B:
    1. Deploy on the enemy's half of the table
    2. Do not deploy in the enemy's DZ
    The word "that" in the second sentence could, potentially, be referring to either one. That said, it's clear from option A that it is referring to #1 above. Perhaps change the second sentence to , "However, in order to employ this option, the user must attempt an Infiltration Roll (Normal PH-3 Roll)."

meikyoushisui likes this.
  6. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I found it to my really clear. No doubts are genetareted. Maybe the sentence follow a spanish structure? If I read in english in this case I understand the same as the spanish one.

chromedog likes this.
  7. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I think that's exactly the problem lying under the N3: it still have a logic that is not the one the native English speaker have. I think I would have the same problem if I had to translate French rule set in English.

Urobros likes this.
  8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

How is this unclear in English?

Read the big red box!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation