1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impetuous interaction with Prone and Dodge

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Ieldin Soecr, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,

two short questions regarding Impetuous that came up in a game last weekend.

1. Has the prone state to be cancelled when using Impetuous? I remember that in N3 it had to but I cannot find it in N4.
    2. Does the Dodge movement follow the Impetuous movement rules? The rule only lists Move, Climb and Jump when talking about the way the trooper has to move.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

1. Prone can be cancelled with any movement skill in N4, not just Move, so it is no longer necessary for the rules to specify this as it is impossible to fulfil the requirements for Impetuous activation without cancelling Prone (unless the trooper is literally trapped in a small box).
    2. Dodge movement doesn't follow the Impetuous restrictions. It's an easy mistake to make, and I do it every so often when I forget that the Impetuous rules specifically apply the Impetuous restrictions only when declaring these skills: Move, Jump, or Climb

3. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

1. You mean in regards to the "Use their full MOV Value" point, that it is implied that you have to cancel prone?
    2. Is that a oversight or intentional that one movement skill does not follow the rule for the rest?

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

1. More so the other two points - you can't end your movement as far from the starting point as possible when Prone if Prone can be cancelled.
    2. I doubt we'll ever see answers to the intentions now that IJW is no longer posting on the forums, but to me it seems like this is intentional.

#4 Mahtamori, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Ieldin Soecr likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation