1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impersonation in lists vs Combined Army / Tohaa?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Jerp, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Jerp

Jerp New Member

Hey all,

I'm using Vanilla Haqq and reaching out for people's opinions on taking Fidays when playing against an alien race; i.e. CA & Tohaa. I know all the rules regarding Imp2, and was more wondering if people thought it worth while still?

Losing that first level of Imp is quite a big deal, and with the good Camo units we have access to could quite easily spend the points elsewhere.

2. Myomer

Myomer Tyrannosaur in an F-14
    Warcor

I think it’s still worth it in general. Presuming that you don’t know what faction you’ll be playing I think the flexibility and threat offered by a Fiday in having a model right at the opposing deployment zone is always worth it.

If you know you’re playing Tohaa or CA, a Fiday can still alpha strike just fine, but if you go second put them someplace farther away and more concealed than you normally would, or expect them to die right away. Playing an alien race and going second is, imho, the only time you’ll see a serious disadvantage using a Fiday.

Sojourne, Drak, Danger Rose and 4 others like this.
  3. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

listen to Myoner, he knows what he says

Danger Rose likes this.
  4. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I agree with @Myomer . If going first, its not a huge issue. I normally start behind a corner of my target anyways. When going second, set them up further away and use them as a deterrent. They may be able to discover you, but they still have to use those orders or risk you being behind their lines. You just cant move with as much impunity.

5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Also, keep in mind the Fiday doesn't lose anything else except fot IMP 2.
    He still can't be attacked until discovered, and mines don't react to him.

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Also, he retains his unique deployment ability. That's easily as important as IMP state, especially considering he probably can still reach something important and blow it up.

Although the reason rule exists bugs me, I don't think it's enough to completely turn Fiday down.

Myomer and xagroth like this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Or place it so the enemy has to sacrifice troops to reach it... so he has to move + discover (eat ARO), and if succesfull another troop needs to move + fire (eat ARO) and you can still Smoke dodge...

Danger Rose and Myomer like this.
  8. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Speaking as an Onyx/CA player.

Impersonator, TO, Camo, etc. I don't care what kind of marker it is, if you've deployed it anywhere on my side of the table I will either do my best to get rid of it, or move my troops far enough out of the way that it is less threatening!

Being an Impersonator marker just tells me that it's going to be ultra-effective at close range, I don't want it to get that far!

theGricks and Danger Rose like this.
  9. Jerp

Jerp New Member

Thanks all, this has been very helpful!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation