1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immobilized, Reset and hacking Area

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Ghost_from_warp, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

A trooper can only declare Reset if at least one of these is true:

Am i right that Immobilized Hacker cannot declare Reset when hackable troop execute an order in his Hacking Area but not in his Zone of Control?

2. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

What Harlequin of Death said, but that's because the only Skills allowed for Hacking Area AROs are Hacking Programs.

inane.imp and Teslarod like this.
  4. fkaos

fkaos Active Member

So does this mean that if my hacker is IMM-1 and an enemy hacker activates in hacking area but outside zoc that

A) my hacker gets an ARO, but cannot ARO with a hack or reset, so must idle, then gets hacked again unopposed by the enemy’s second skill?

Or

B) my hacker cannot hack as he is IMM-1, so gets no ARO, then with their second short skill the enemy hacks me and then I generate an ARO and can reset?

5. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Follow-up question: My hacker is the target of Blackout and their hacking device is disabled. The active player then activates his hacker inside what would be my hacking area but outside ZoC. Do I now have to declare some legal ARO that isn't reset, or do I get no ARO as my hacking area has now "disappeared" without a viable hacking device?

6. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

good question. Dose hacker with disabled HD still have Hacking Area? Does he legal target for Hacking Attack as Hacker?

7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

B is correct.

Hackers are still Hackers even if their Hacking Device is disabled; so they still have a Hacking Area and can still be targeted by attacks that can affect Hackers.

If the active player activates his Hacker inside your Hacking Area but outside ZOC you get no ARO as you have no legal ARO; he then declares his Hacking Attack and you get Reset in response.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation