1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had to choose two factions to get the most out of Infinity

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Keyrott, Apr 13, 2018.

?

Which two factions would you choose to get the most out of Infinity?

1. PanOceania

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. Yu Jing

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Ariadna

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Haqqislam

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  5. Nomads

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  6. Combined Army

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  7. Aleph

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  8. Tohaa

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  9. NA2

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

If you had to choose two factions in Infinity and only play and only collect those 2 to get the most out of the game, which two would you choose and why?

One of mine would be Nomads because I really enjoy how they get a lot of different and interesting special equipment, I think they will keep me entertained for a while. They have strong troops in every troop type,

I don't quite know the other one, I thought it was Combined Army as they have pretty much every special skill and equipment in the game between all their members, but have since thought against it due to not liking Morats on the whole very much.

I like PanO but their semi-blandness and lack of competition between certain units and others in the same category kind of kills it for me.

Also like Ariadna but I don't like that nearly every member of the faction has a glaring hole in their BTS to be exploited through Viral and Breaker, maybe I'm just not seeing the utility and the cool aspects I need to.

Haqqislam seems very interesting and I need to play them more because they also have a lot of variance in what they can play and their high WIP makes them great for objectives.

Yu Jing seems like an army that I may love a lot more when Invincible Army comes out and adds some troops, and they were the first army that I played seriously so I'll always have kind of a soft spot for them.

ALEPH also seems like a great army to pick for the "Elite" playstyle while balacing it against something less elite like Haqqislam. However, I really want to see what Vedic does to the faction and what that adds. I really, really like the Greeks aesthetic but I fear having so many named characters and having link team creation rely on them will lead to the same list over and over.

Tohaa are another one that I really want to like, but have a bad case of "one of" syndrome, where you have one camo unit, one TO camo unit, one doctor, etc. I think given enough time and enough experience with the troop lineup I could learn to vary my lists, but I end up taking a lot of units repetitively because the Sukeul and the Symbiomate guy seem very auto-include-y. Also, there's the fact that Tohaa releases are a meme at this point, with them apparently being treated as a sectorial in terms of releases (which to me seems like kind of a cop-out, they may have fireteams but they are clearly labelled as a main-line army and it doesn't seem to me like they should have any less of an impact on the Sphere-Scale than Ariadna does, yet Ariadna sees releases pretty consistently.)

I think overall, I need to see how the armies line up after all these Sectorial drops for Acheron Falls to really decide which factions can truly hold my interest and keep me going the longest.

Hbu boo?

Abrilete likes this.
  2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Nomads and Haqq

Just the most interesting and fun to play IMO

Danger Rose and Keyrott like this.
  3. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I see myself playing Haqqislam for a very long time. NA2 because I can get a taste of several factions and play-styles whenever and however the mood strikes.

Danger Rose, Deltervees and Keyrott like this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think I'd say the iconic Armies for the game these days are Aleph and Combined, but neither of them is an easy army to learn to play...

Jassal2.0, xagroth and Keyrott like this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Nice thing about playing Nomads and Haqq is that basically you're already almost able to play the NA2 forces. StarCo is heavily Nomad based, Druze Bayram is heavily Haqq based, and if you get some JSA as a little mini-faction you've got Ikari company covered as well. Sure, you have to get a few other things if you want all the options for list building (PanO REMs, few Ariadnan troops, Wu Ming etc) but you've got the basics nailed down.

6. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Nomads and Yu Jing - simply because thats the factions with the most (and most painted) models I have :-) ... and I have too much ;-)

Zewrath and Keyrott like this.
  7. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I chose Haqqislam and Nomads because Haqqislam is my current (and favorite) Faction and I bought a Bakunin Force because I like their playstyle and fluff.

To me, how the minis look is as important as playstyle, and both Haqqislam and Nomads have that covered in spades.

I'd put the Combined Army as third choice, as it would have been my third purchase; until JSA and all these NA2 Sectorials came out and forced my hand in another direction.

Solar likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

CA is a sure bet. Then it's Nomads Vs Aleph... by itself, Aleph has enough options, but if the player wants to have 2 factions and maximun variance and options, Nomads and CA is the way, since CA covers the Elite options quite good and the Nomads go for spam, other kind of TAGs, etc...

Keyrott likes this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Yu Jing is the army to experience most of Infinity it has everything you need.

I would say Nomads as the second, but it is open to taste.

Keyrott and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

CA would be my third choice still, because they're so varied and unorthodox. Very strong but a bit weird and odd to play. But you do get terrifying, implacable troops and scary, ultra-powerful tech nobody else has!

11. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

YJ I often feel like my profiles are kinda vanilla, but skimming the Nomad and NA2 lists, they seem to have a little bit of everything, so you can do any style you prefer.

Keyrott likes this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

If you want to have all the options to play, I'd probably say Nomads or Yu Jing against either Tohaa or Combined.

Yu Jing is probably the easiest to learn, followed by Nomads. From there... Tohaa isn't a brutal to fight as Combined, but their fireteam triad rule adds a lot of tactical complexity. Combined is probably a little easier to learn than Tohaa.

Keyrott likes this.
  13. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Honestly if I had to choose 2 I'd probably roll Nomads and Haqqislam as they seem like they're both doing interesting things, are fun to play and they're going in interesting directions in the future.

If I had to choose a third, I'd want a more elite army. As I said before CA would be a great choice if I didn't dislike a huge chunk of it in the Morats. So then, to me, it's between PanO and ALEPH, and honestly I really wanna see what both Vedic and Varuna do to the armies.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation