1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icarium_Macaque Morats

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by IcariumVNam, Mar 8, 2018.

1. IcariumVNam

IcariumVNam Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Icarium, I had a fairly active thread on the old forum where I posted my various Infinity forces and their endless war against cat hairs. I live in Vietnam so I'm primarily a painter and collector. As a result all my armies have a focus on what looks good rather than what is effective in game. I have only been collecting Infinity for around two years but I already have an alarming amount of models. I'm a big fan of the Infinity asthetic and it was what brought my back to painting after a long break. It's taken me a while to make the move to the new forum but it's great to see all the familar faces over here and the addition of some excellent Spanish painters as well.

I took a short break from Infinity for a couple of reasons; first the loss of my old thread was pretty disheartening. It was the first time I had made the effort to keep a painting log and it really demonstrated the slow development of my Infinity collection. I'm sure a number of you were in the same boat. Secondly I collected Kingdom Death from England at Christmas so that has taken up a lot of my time. However needing a break from painting OSL and getting inspired by all the Uprising hype, I've been drawn back to Infinity.

I currently have 4 sectorials that are ongoing, Corregidor Nomads, Morats, JSA, and Acontecimento. At Christmas I also picked up a 5th army that I will be starting soon. Rather than have all of the armies combined in one thread like the last forum I have decided to split each Sectorial into its own thread to make tracking progress easier.

Which brings us to my first Army. I liked the look of the Morat miniatures instantly and after purchasing Ice Storm I quickly ordered a Morats Sectorial shortly after. I wanted them to have a noble warrior look rather than the evil red and black colour scheme given to them by the studio. Their fluff reads as if they are a proud warrior race who resisted the EL but then were pragmatic enough to surrender when victory was hopeless. They will certainly rebel if given any hint the El is weak. So with this in mind I developed a purple and blue theme that gives them a unique alien look. I combined this with changing their faces to resemble Macaque monkeys with pink faces in order to make the heads of the miniatures a focal point.

Anyway enough chat. On to the models. The first Link Team I ever painted for Infinity was the Yaogat Link. I'm very proud of them and they were a joy to paint...except the sniper. He was a bitch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have plenty more models to add to this thread but this has taken longer than I anticipated. I will add the rest over the next few days. Look forward to getting back into painting Infinity and seeing what everyone is painting these days. #MonkeyMasterRace

Koin-Koin, Sabin76, redeemer and 11 others like this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Welcome back :)

Golem2God likes this.
  3. volgo

volgo Usuario

Glad to see you Macaque back!
    Thank you for sharing.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. IcariumVNam

Thanks guys, good to be back.

Next up is my Raysat conversion. Simple enough, an Oznat head placed on the Fraacta body. The dynamic posing on the model meant I knew I needed to include it in my army and the lack of a modern sculpt (a strange ommision from the modern Morat range) made the decision easy.

[​IMG]

Next is Anyat. The most bad ass looking female Morat in the galaxy. Lots of personality in this model.

[​IMG]

The remote. Challenging to paint and I'm not a huge fan of the sculpts hence why the second one is still waiting to be painted. However the HMG is needed in games.

[​IMG]

Now I know what you are thinking...Xeodrons aren't part of the MAF. Well....my gf is the only person I get to play against and as far as she is concerned...they are. Plus its all about the rule of cool, and these are way too cool not to paint. Again a second one is waiting to be painted but I struggle to stay focused on bigger models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for this batch. I have one or two models yet to photograph and a couple that require touch ups after they have picked up scrapes during games.

Koin-Koin, Sabin76, Segis and 10 others like this.
  5. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm glad to see you back, man. Your plogs was one of my favourites on the old forum.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@IcariumVNam Greetings again snow monkey. Glad to see you are still active. Love your Morats and color scheme but I think the Raysat conversion is my favorite so far.
    The varnish coating didn't work?

7. IcariumVNam

@Golem2God Cheers mate. Good to be back. The varnish doesn't seem to have been that effective to be honest. Not sure why.

@taylor Thanks, that's high praise! I will try to keep up the standard.

So on the morning I wake up to read that the Raicho might be getting a resculpt seems a good a time as any to post my painstakingly assembled and painted Raicho conversion. This was not a labour of love. It involved a complete rebuild part way through when I stupidly left it on my desk for the cat to push off. It was a big challenge to paint and in the end I was glad it was over.

The concept is having the Raicho pilot partially dis-mounted and firing behind the TAG using her assault pistols. I was mainly a way to use the awesome pilot model and do something with the Scarface TAG I had bought on impulse before I actually learned about list building and factions.

Anyway onto the pictures. It's quite difficult to get good shots of this to be honest. Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have a number of Morat miniatures to paint. Including an Oznat/Hungarie core link, a pair of Rodocks, a second Remote and Xeodron, however other projects have kept me away from the Monkeys for a while. Hopefully I can get back to them in the next few months.

Koin-Koin, eldereth, Sabin76 and 11 others like this.
  8. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Good god man. That is spectacular!

9. IcariumVNam

Quick update on the Monkey lovers. They aren't dead just taking a back seat to more recent projects. I did manage to get a Rodok finished recently as a break from painting Yu Jing. I really need to sort out my photography skills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9 IcariumVNam, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Koin-Koin, Khaeleth, volgo and 4 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation