1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IA units after some table time

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Aspect Graviton, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

So I managed to get a few games played this weekend with YJ as both invincible army and vanilla and I thought I'd share what occured and my initial thoughts.

The game with Invincible army:
    Tester
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    TAI SHENG Breaker Combi Rifle, Chain-colt + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYǑNG Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 29)
    ZÚYǑNG Boarding Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 26)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) MULTI Rifle, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 52)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

2.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'm by no means saying this is a list I'd take to a competitive event but its has a fair quantity of new bits in it that I wanted to try, how did it do? I was playing against vanilla pano

The Zhuyong link dominated, it took the most orders (being in the centre of the board without actually spending any regular orders, it absorbed a lot of punishment,

Tai sheng is fantastic, basically an auto include bringing NCO and a deflector L2 to the party with a sprinkle of BS 14, in this game she dropped an Uhlan and Joan of arc.

Zhuyong tactical awareness HMG, is as good as it sounds.

Haidao, did well but was one of my casualties, didn't get to do much killer hacking (did have opportunity, just the shotgun and all the other linked shots were better).

Mowang, suppression fire multi kept heads down in reaction, swept a drop bear which was clearly meant for the Zencha and got a long range kill with the flamenspeer, made a very good sweeper and reaction piece especially with the flexibility of NCO.

Zencha, pushed buttons, laid mines, missed a DEP shot in a combined order with the mowang against the Uhlan which would have been a propaganda worthy victory, solid unit with a good toolbox IMO, had the orders to recamo

Daoying, did exactly what was asked, which was be an unassailable camo marker Lt who fed the other units.

Special mention to the Zhuyong BSG who knocked two wounds of joan before being turned into a kebab by the mentioned opposing party.

Game two, Generic YJ (vs Generic YJ)

Mix and match
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Spitfire, Flammenspeer / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    GŬILÁNG Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
    GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    MAJOR LUNAH Viral Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    SÙ-JIÀN Heavy Shotgun, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 54)
    WÚ MÍNG (Fireteam: Duo) Chain Rifle, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    WÚ MÍNG (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)

5 SWC | 297 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Again not something hyper competitive, basic idea was to add in a sui jian for some speed and some smoke for obvious reasons and have a stronger midfield.

The sui jian tore off down a flank and performed predictably well, the Mowang then pushed up as a suppression piece

The Mowang died this game as my opponent had an extremely well placed ninja, the ninja didn't actually do much perse however Lunah took two wounds off the Mowang trying to shoot the ninja off over three orders! (my monk had been executed by a daofei at this point and my covering ruishi had been knocked out so this was genuinely my best option) anyway the now NWI mowang won a few more firefights with Wu ming and Zhuyong before going down to the Daofei (but not easily). It did extermely good work.

The Daoying loses some of it's potency without NCOs, in turns 1 and 2 I could plough those orders into the Mowang, but without him in turn 3 all I could realistically do was use the LT orders to get the daoying into a scoring zone, definately worth taking a sniper or hacker in generic I think if you're not running 2 NCOs.

As for the rest of the list, the Guilangs had excellent synergy with the Mowang (they actually between then killed the daofei LT), lunah gave pretty excellent fire support, the Rui shi was a threat but I managed to leave it with a 26" firelane which cost me a firefirefight with a TR HMG bot, the Wu-ming did typically well supporting the assault and skirmish units. Sui-jian and Mowang paired are an extremely good combo

Section9, ObviousGray, eciu and 10 others like this.
  2. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff there sir! Thanks a lot for sharing! This is actually getting me excited for IA after just dropping lots of cash on Ikari, damn you!

What would you say your MVPs were? The Mowang sounds pretty badass!

3. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Both games it was definately the Mowang as a stand out solo piece. In the first game that 5 man HI link did exactly what I asked of it (which was everything), the two definately complement each other extremely well, the mowang flamenspeered or multirifled things which could have caused the 5 man link problems

Kallas likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation