1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a kick

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by TraceTheKriken, May 26, 2021.

1. TraceTheKriken

Hello guys,
    the day of my purchase is slowly coming near but I still have some doubts.
    I like Druze a lot but I also like onyx (a little bit less).
    I have probably already made up my mind, but I would like a kick just to be more comfortable with my choice XD
    What would you say to a guy on the fence on buying a lot of Druze sectorial miniatures?
    Is the adventure and frustration worth it? or better play safe and go with onyx?

wuji likes this.
  2. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Not sure what makes buying into onyx more "safe" than Druze. I can say that at least DBS plays exactly what they look like they do. You're gonna have a lot of fun man!

TraceTheKriken likes this.
  3. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Remember that the proxy rules for Infinity are very relaxed. Nothing preventing you from getting your favourite models and playing the faction of your choice. Could even paint a merc faction as if they were working for the Combined Army.

Druze being a NA2 are pretty limited in options, they’re regarded as one of the weaker faction due to that.

Onyx has some pretty power stuff and Combined Army as a whole is in a very competitive spot.

I don’t know how experienced you are with the game, but you could also just give both sectorial a try and see which one meshes the best with your playstyle. Tabletop Simulator is particularly good for that (especially since in-person gaming isn’t really possible in most places at the moment).

Time Bandit likes this.
  4. TraceTheKriken

For safe I mean that they are more straightforward to play. Or maybe that was my feeling when I tried them on TTS

I played some games with morat in N3, but now I would like to come back with something different. I play on TTS with a friend from time to time and I tried both druze and onyx. Thematically and aesthetically I like them both, but while with with onyx I found myself playing more or less the same list with minimal variations druze offered me more variety (despite the limited toolbox).
    So yeah I'm just here to know if in the long run the druze experience is rewarding or if it's better to go with something like onyx (that seems to have a less steep learning curve to me. ofc I know that every faction is hard to master). But yeah I consider myself a noob for sure.

5. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

It depends on your personality and play style.

Druze have some very powerful builds, but otherwise very limited. If you don't like how those builds play, like me, you're going to find druze like playing the game on very hard mode.

But I love druze so I persist to see if I can learn something.

Unless you happen to love theme so much that losing doesn't matter, and you don't care too much for lots of options then go for druze. Otherwise I'd recommend onyx as with that you could dabble in combined as well and as a new player there's a lot of value in being able to try lots of different things... Then again as a new player there's value in not having so many options it's overwhelming.

So actually I don't know.

6. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

I've had more fun and better results with Druze than i did with CA. However that has to do with my personal play style. I just mesh better with Druze.

7. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

I would argue that in N4 you can do everything with DBS what Onyx may do and something more. The only thing you loose is plasma and alien-faces. Besides that you can get the whole hacking-experience with DBS and the inbuilt Fat1 is really nice now.

8. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

• The best ARO in the game (Hidden deployed impact template) via the Noctifer
    • One of the best impersonator in the game via the Greif
    • Some of the best rambos in the game with great snowball potential that offers a playstyle that can revolve around them via Ko Dali and Nourkias
    • One of the only 2 Hidden Deployed TAG and what is often regarded as the best TAG in the game via the Sphinx

I don't think Druze are in as bad of a spot as they were in N3, but claiming it can do everything that Onyx can do and more is just plain wrong sugarcoating.

9. Hey Yella

Hey Yella Active Member

I play both Onyx and Druze and they are both fun. I like that Druze shock teams are and excellent toolbox. The x visor and fatality 1 allow them to reach out at any distance and hit hard. Viral pistols for close up work does wonders, and you could argue the shock marksmen profile is a cheap alternative to an HMG

Personally I love the robots,and a peacemaker and bulletier REMS are outstanding gun fighters. The evo drone is a must for me for support safe for these guys. They can help lock down the midfield through deployment or range of their guns.

10. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Here's the kick:

[​IMG]

Now just start playing Drruze, because they are bad people, but they can be worse!

PozdRawiam / Greetings

11. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

Druze are fun. They're really fun. Fluff wise they're the professional if amoral mercs and they play like that. Some pieces like the druze shock marksman rifle are a right terror on the table for 27 pts. Dam+1 on our line troopers packing chain colts and viral pistols plus things like hmg's, shock marksman rifles, em grenades and multi snipers means they hit like a freight train. Chain colts, viral pistol, xvisors and veteran mean they have the tools for situations that would make other troopers fold. They're a medium infantry faction who pay a premium for their med infantry. A toys before boys faction thst isn't a HI pain train. I love it.

That said I echo the sentiment here. DBS is a red headed step child of a faction. An afterthought of NA2. The reason being most NA2's now are starter box combo factions. Druze is not. The lack of love is easy to see as our ava total choice of a druze with a combi rifle is a mini that doesn't exist.

I just need to wishlist here. The faction is in bad need of a starter box. An action pack with 3 combi druze, a druze msr that's not locked behind a rare and expensive box in the form of jethro or a druze grenade launcher. (I just use the hacker) Toss in a few new unit types unique to druze. Boom the faction would feel like a JSA level faction and not an afterthought made out of a box, a dire foes character, and a rulebook exclusive from a few years back.

csjarrat and wes-o-matic like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation