1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I khol

Discussion in 'Rules' started by konuhageruke, Dec 22, 2020.

1. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hammerhead is attacking boss. They are in lof and in range 4.
    Stack forces boss to displace, and hammerhead is placed on the other side of the wall. At this point there is no lof to boss.

Does i khol work?
    I khol requires: you are the target of enemy attack. Enemy must be in range 1-4 (in lof). At the moment of declaration those were fulfilled, at the end-not.

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Anything that is valid at declaration, is valid through the resolution

3. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

Well, that's not 100% true. Switches for instance are checked at the same moment they are activated.

Regarding, ikhol, we should remember that automatic skills are always active. So in this case as the pasive says it removes an :2: before the switches steps, id's say that's when things are checked. So in the example given ikhol would not activate (since there would be no line of sight to the target).

That being said, I'm not completely sure that's the correct interpretation of the rules n.n"

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yeah, I think the timing here means I-Khol will not trigger.

5. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ok. If this is true, then validity of skill must be checked both at the begining and end of skill.
    If I attack hexer, and she gets a switch to move into smoke, then attack is invalid? Before applying damage the attack was out of range.
    If hammerhead attacks and both units are in cover and he moves both of them not to have cover, then both should not get black dice because it happen before roll?

6. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

The two new cases that you said are completely different things and should be examined checknig their own rules:

hEXx3r one. In the reference guide, in the attack section it says:
    > In the Effects step of the Attack, both Characters may use their unblocked :2: to cause the other that amount of :4:Damage.
    So, independently of where hEXx3r displaces to, since the attack was declared, in the Effects step of the atack damage will be applied.

In the HammerHead case, regarding cover, we should check the timmings:
    - HH displacement says it applies "before the roll step"
    But regarding cover, there are some inconsistencies between the spanish and the english versions of the reference guide:
    - In spanish it says Before making the roll.
    - In the english one, timming is not indicated, which, in my opinion, means it's checked at declaration (but that's just interpretation).
    If we take the spanish versinon as the "valid one", then the underdog would chose whether checking for cover or HH displacements would happen first, and which one would happen later.
    If we take my interpretation (at declaration), then HH would declare the attack, attacked and defender would check for cover and then HH displacement effects would take place.
    For this last case to be resolved we'll need @-V- to guide us n.n" and christmas holidays just started.

I hope this helps :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation