1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i bet there'll be a tactic card to let you flip states immediately

Discussion in 'Smoke & Mirrors' started by Genesis, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Genesis

Genesis Member

hi guys, I'm so excited to see the new expansion. after I read over all the new rules, a thought flash through: will there be a character can let you flip the state tokens immediately?

it's surely a very powerful ability, so I think it can only be put on tactic cards and not switches or actions. it can be used both offensively and defensively. now think this: you can use it to let your immobilized/dazed etc. states expire, or let you quickly resolve your burning states to kill an enemy immediately (or you have to wait for them to complete their activations). you can even use this to kill a pain suppresants gata outright!

and with this element, the whole game can change more quickly, you can never be less anxious to see your character with several burning tokens and know you can dispel them later.

so what your guys think? do you think CB will let this happen?

2. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

I think it would only matter for burning, poison, and perhaps weakening persistent effects(such as initiative upgrades, movement penalties, etc.). Parvati, Laxmee, and Mendoza already have abilities and/or cards to remove states from a character or multiple characters to where an action that "flips" states would not be overpowered if it has the proper cost.

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Yes, there will.

:wink:

4. Genesis

Genesis Member

yeah there are 3 characters who can clear states now, so maybe just dispel something is not that special. but i think CB will give us more state just like poison or burning, and a character who can let them resolve fast is a big combo and surprise.

5. Genesis

Genesis Member

wow that's quite a surprise! i'll wait that man with a patient heart :)

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Not a man. I'm afraid you'll have to wait for a while.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation