1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Husong vs. Ryuken in JSA

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by grampyseer, Jul 15, 2018.

1. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

My n2 husong saw a lot of use. These days he directly competes with the Ryuken HRL.

I’m debating whether to even repaint the remote. Has anyone had any luck with the TR HMG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I am not sure I like how you've framed it -- these units don't really compete with each other at all.

The Ryuken HRL competes (and loses to) the other Ryuken in terms of profile, but unlike the Husong, geberally you are making a mistake if you're using him to ARO. The Husong on the other hand has both active and reactive capability.

Personally I think both the Ryuken HRL and Husong are really expensive in JSA. I have problems allocating so much SWC to such one-sided units, personally.

3. grampyseer

grampyseer User of the "ignore" button
    Warcor

They’re near identical in points. The Husong is an active ARO pest, while the two camo markers from the Ryuken are a passive ARO challenge. Yes, it is seldom wise to reveal and shoot.

They both provide table control for identical cost. That’s the comparison that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robock and Abrilete like this.
  4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Marksmanship husongs are actually really good active turn pieces. Particularly in the later game when some of the big shooters might be down and out.

If you're not using the husong actively then I can see the comparison, which I still think favours the husong. Mostly because having mines upfield is far more useful than a deployment zone mine, which you have to pay 1.5 SWC for a pretty average unit.

But in lists where you will have a rui shi and a hacker, the husong is a much better spend of points, if some additional reactive firepower is what you're after.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

I actually never played a game with JSA and only played a couple of games against JSA but most armies have similar (TR HMG bots) units I played a lot against, and I frimly believe: nothing compares to these beauties for ARO duty (especially if you go secound). Troopers put in SF mode come second in stopping power, but man, they are not even close (and you have to spend an order to put them in SF).

6. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Husongs can be great active turn killers and ARO pieces, but have the hidden 'hacker tax' you need to take into account in order to get the full effectiveness out of it for assisted fire. Let alone it suffers against mimetism and the like, and not so great against link teams unless you are slicing the pie (even then, it is more than likely their odds are going to be higher). And with the .5 SWC JSA tax, he can be hard to justify but he certainly can be worth it.

In comparsion, the Ryuken HRL has less burst but is great at dealing with clumps of models if your opponent did this, or stripping TO Camo. It also has the benefit of starting in marker state so you can decide when you want to in the fight as well, and does not need much support in order to get the full use out of him.

grampyseer likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation