1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you approach the mirror match in Annihilation?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Tom McTrouble, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

So, long story short, I'm in an escalation league learning JSA and this week I have an annihilation game at 250 pts against another JSA player.

I have been trying to think of the best way to go about it, and I suspect that the best way to go about it would be to build for gun fights and throw in some counters for Yojimbo and HI.

This is what I came up with. Thoughts and Comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm at 2-2 and don't wanna drop another game.

[​IMG] Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 40)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Blitzen, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Spitfire / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

5 SWC | 250 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I would double down on mines, which looks like you've got in your list.

I would also find a way to fit one or more MSV2 units in there. as you said, counters to ninja, Ryuken, and Yojimbo.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Since you don't want to drop a game right now, I'd avoid the biker gang. Takes some significant practice to get working.

Getting some MSV in your list is probably the only thing I can suggest right now.

4. REND

REND Well-Known Member

You seem to have a solid idea of what you want and I agree with the consensus that mines and MSV will be useful tools. I would consider an O'Yoroi because of koalas. Bring a baggage bot so you can reload them. I would also consider the Lu duan a good purchase for the mirror. Holo-echoes are an easy counter to mines (to counter your opponents Ryuken) and those 3 large bases can block off a lot of lanes of approach, which can be extremely valuable countering enemy oniwaban and shinobu.

5. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

How did you get two [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) in army it says AVA1

Never mind they must have changed it or I must of missed read it, sorry about that.

6. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

something like this?

- (4) minelayers and the chainrifle to limit enemy oniwabans.
    - linked Tanko to engage at range, Ryuken9 to counter an opposed tanko link from within 24"
    - a Domaru is a fair trade for an oniwaban with Berserk

[​IMG] Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Breaker Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Flammenspeer, Contender / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] YURIKO ODA Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    3 SWC | 250 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

When you do get to a point where you don't care about losing games, I strongly recommend breaking out all the bikes. It really is an immense amount of fun!

Abrilete and REND like this.
  8. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

You get one Chaiyi but two Pangguling. Iirc every army with the normal bot array has AVA2 baggage bots.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation