1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Star(t)Co

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by YTonic, Mar 5, 2018.

1. YTonic

YTonic Member

The army lists for StarCo (and Iktari) both look very intriguing to me. I've dabbled in a few factions in the past but the idea of taking all these bits and pieces really appeals to my Merc loving heart. I blame all the bad Battletech novels I read in high school for making me love mercs so much.

That said, supposing someone had no StarCo models at all and wanted to start the faction, based on what we know currently of fireteams and the like what kind of purchases would you suggest to build a solid depth of options?

2. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Buy everything. Starve later :D

... hey, that's my approach! ;)

3. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

I mean... it's been out for less than 12 hours.

I'd suggest reviewing the profiles available and see how they fit your current play style. Then, whip up some lists and proxy them until you get a feel for it... Then buy the dope minis you love.

Other thoughts:
    Buy all the Nomads, now you've got a start on Corregidor and a touch of Bakunin!
    Buy/convert the Brawlers - now you've got some Druze Bayram!

Reece, reaper1714 and Golem2God like this.
  4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

most gamers could use a diet :P

Shoitaan, Aldo and chromedog like this.
  5. Lockdown

Lockdown New Member

the old corregidor army pack would be the best. It had jaguars and massacre, which I think will see a lot of play. the current one has the brigada link, an alguacil and a bandit (plus other stuff, and it's 300 points of corregidor...).

you'll obviously need the outrage pack too :)

xagroth likes this.
  6. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

No need to hurry, probably we will see things coming.

Here the core are nomads from corregidor plus a lot of characters and some ariadnan troops (and Al'Hawwas, which are cool substitutes for Zeroes)

Most if not all of the non-nomad may be obtained with separated blisters, so just get them little by little. For the packs to consider:
    - "Outrage" character box. Brings two special characters (Emily and Uhahu) a perfect proxy for Knauf or a Sniper Brawler (Jethro, the later suggested by Bostria himself in the Druze article), a good proxy for Irmandinho (Domovoi, actually is a dog warrior, but hey, i think he fits well there), a not-so-good proxy for Sr Masacre or Bandit (Nakadai), and an Anaconda Pilot (Beba, also a good HVT as Anacondas come with a pilot already, except you converted it like me.)

Useful nomad packs for StarCo:
    - x4 Alguacil pack (To link with emily, and/or Brawlers)
    - x4 Mobile Brigada (Duo with anaconda, core with mr Masacre and Avicenna :D)
    - x3 + Tinbot Riot Grrls (Because riot are all nice and good, haris option makes a great long range defensive link team)
    - Nomad Support Pack
    - Zond Remotes

Maybe not so useful nomad packs:
    - x4 Jaguar (It seems they are not linkable. They are good to give orders, guard your deployment zone (template weapons, high CC, low cost regular order) and give smoke, but probably you will not use four at a time. or maybe yes...
    - Nomad Starter Pack - Here you have 3 Alguacils and 1 Mobile Brigada ready to use, but two more nomads (Grenzer and Spektr) that are not part of StarCo.

Note: CSUs are specially hard to come by, as they have no "Standard" miniature, only promotion ones. If you like them they are easily proxied or converted through certain HVTs from the Dire Foes, also PanO and Nomad HVT blisters can make nice and good CSUs.

YTonic and Golem2God like this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

On the issue of CSUs, another great Proxy for them is the other Nomad LI: The Moderators.

[​IMG]

The have the same armour/BTS and weapon loadouts (basically).

YTonic, Raghart and Golem2God like this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

@Raghart Beva can be used as pilot for the Scarface model, since that box brings the TAG and Cordelia, and Scarface is a blister miniature... so if you want to place 2 Anacondas on the table, on has its pilot and the other has Beva :p

9. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

With proxy rules the Nomad starter pack is ideal.

Spektr = Al'Hawwa
    Grenzer = Cateran / Brawler Sniper

10. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Yeah, a lot of these ideas seem about right to me. Proxying nomad stuff to count as stuff like caterans and irmandinhos and al'hawwa is absolutely gonna work to the theme of the army. I'm already converting a couple of CSUs from misc HVTs, so i may end up just proxying my moderators as alguacils, since I'm a bakunin player.

11. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Damn, just started painting my Beyond Red Veil-CSU as my new Moran (as I am playing Nomad Vanilla & Corregidor).

My proxys so far:
    Kaplans = Brawlers
    Wild Bill (Aristeia) = CSU
    Zhanshi Girl from O:Red Veil = Emily (I do not like that mini, sold it off already)
    Grenzer = Cateran
    Spektr = Al'Hawwa
    Domovoi = Irmandinho

Edit: Forgot to mention Scarface TAG = Anaconda TAG

#11 kesharq, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  12. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

I own all the Nomad line + Outrage so I'll just proxy the Cateran with Jethro, buy and Irmandinho and an Anaconda at some point. I love the Al'Hawwa hacker look, so I'll probably get one too and paint it in the StarCo/Corregidor colours.

Can't wait ofr the book to see how the colour scheme varies so I can paint Emily, Knauf and Uhahu :]

13. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I've had an Anaconda for ages, painted as a merovingienne police vehicle (white and blue). Simple enough to rebase and add some StarCo trim (once we know the faction logo!) and use that colour scheme (and the pilot, which is blue and black) as a basis for my other units. :) Already started, nearly finished the icestorm CSU.

14. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Isn't the StarCo faction logo that white 5-pointed Star on a red field?

15. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Gasp! so it is.

16. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

I wonder how will the colour scheme change from Corregidor. I hope that only a little so it'll be easier to mix and match :]

17. LunarSol

LunarSol Well-Known Member

Given that the logo is Red/White, I suspect very little. That's sort of an oddity in and of itself, since I can't tell if its really supposed to be that coherent, of its its more of a GIJOE style mash up of non uniform hero characters. Really need the details on the link options to know for sure.

That said, I apparently have a type when it comes to color schemes. Other than Nomads I had a JSA force built around Red, White, and Black. I suppose I'll stick with that for StarCo for consistencies sake.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Death

Death Well-Known Member

So err, I'm late to the party as always but...

Can someone post where I can view the profiles. I have no idea what you guys are talking about?

19. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

[​IMG]

We have the AVA's and some links, no profiles for the new guys.

20. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Oh thank you. So Ikari is basically a splash of Merc + JSA. While StarCo is a nomad focused merc company. Both with units from other factions sprinkled in.

This is super exciting! I love merc companys. I too blame battletech. lol

So Star Co is where Emily and friends from Outrage went, how cool!

One major item missing from Star Co is MSV 2. If they end up with none then that will suck with so many Jaguars.

Edit:
    Oh wait, Brawlers have an MSV 2 sniper option. Never mind. Star Co looks pretty awesome. Its there if you want to play a less evil Merc company since the other two are straight from hell. lol

I wonder if the Riot Grrls special team will allow a 5 unit link to be made. If so, oh boy. Fun times.

#20 Death, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation